How many of you are actually prophetic?

• Awoo [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Pretty sure that’s me being quoted. Unfortunately I don’t think genuinely wanting revolution and being capable of SA are mutually exclusive.

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I still think the same way about his whole shtick tbh. Just that these accusations are also very believable unfortunately.

• GoebbelsDeezNuts [any]@hexbear.netOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

I dunno I kinda feel like he was grifting but who knows. part of me just thinks: show me someone who commits a SA and I will show you someone who isn’t a revolutionary leftist but idk

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

show me someone who commits a SA and I will show you someone who isn’t a revolutionary leftist but idk

I think some of Stalin’s allegations make this a difficult position to maintain.

• Cummunism [they/them, he/him]@hexbear.net
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              10 months ago

those allegations are so baseless even the anti-tankie crowd doesnt mention it much. could it have happened? sure. but the evidence is shaky at best and rests on one historians word, Simon Sebag Montefiore. Plus Kruschev was on an anti-Stalin speedrun.

• FunkyStuff [he/him]@hexbear.net
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                10 months ago

I know this is such a lib line, but the validity doesn’t matter to her point. I think Stalin probably didn’t do it, but in the future there certainly will be some important revolutionaries who commit SA because that’s something that, sadly, people in positions of power do that with alarming frequency. We’re gonna have to figure out how to reconcile that very effective revolutionaries can sometimes be terrible people.

• silent_water [she/her]@hexbear.net
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  10 months ago

protecting abusers in the name of the revolution is doing the work of the feds for them. no single person is so important that it’s worth protecting them while jeopardizing the whole movement - it’s precisely our urge to protect abusers that feds use to infiltrate, divide, and destroy.

• FunkyStuff [he/him]@hexbear.net
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    10 months ago

You’re right, if we’re talking about active people then yes, we gotta root out abusers. I was thinking more in cases where it’s uncovered afterward, but didn’t qualify it in my comment.

• Helmic [he/him]@hexbear.net
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

It’s a nice sentiment that’ll blind us to reality. What will actually differentiate us from our enemies is how we will respond when leftists do it. I don’t care if he says the right things.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Sure but his spin isn’t the same as others using that word, he uses the rightwing language but his takes are more of an anti rainbow-capitalism and pink-capitalism approach. I reckon he believes he can appeal to those people and drag them left by doing so, now you might consider that a futile waste of time and I’d be inclined to agree with you but his content has a distinct difference to theirs.

To be honest though at the moment I don’t really care that much for arguing over what he is, and don’t really see it as mattering. I do care about seeing these allegations get the proper airing they deserve and with any luck seeing a court room.