• applejacks@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Back when I was a kid, our dog would always prefer to sleep outside at night.

Around 2am, he goes absolutely berzerk.

My father and I rush out to see what’s going on.

We live way out in the country so it was pitch black.

Started hearing these heavy dragging chains coming closer to us from the darkness.

Trying to wrangle the dog, but he isn’t cooperating.

Finally get him and run into the house.

Chains went silent.

Prob not paranormal, but creepy for sure.

• itscountolaf@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

A few years ago I went to the graveyard to visit my late godfather during the day. On the way out I noticed a woman walking on a parallel pathway. She had bright white clothes on. So I walked, looked over to her and for a short moment my line of sight was blocked from a tree between us. After that moment she was just gone.

That being said, I didn’t believe in ghosts and I still don’t believe in them. There sure is a perfectly fine explanation. However, you can bet that I bolted from that graveyard.

• ritswd@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Obviously not an actual paranormal experience, but the power went out once when we were watching the Blair Witch Project as a teenager with a bunch of friends, and while you rationally know that there’s nothing supernatural about this, and it’s just a power outage with poor timing, your brain cannot stop itself from freaking out about it when you’re in the middle of it!

Thankfully everyone involved survived the night. 😉

• NABDad@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

When we watched The Ring with my sons, near the end of the movie, I slipped my cell phone out of my pocket and dialed the land line so it started ringing just when the movie ended.

Screams all around. Great fun.

• 0101010001110100@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

It was Christmas 2006 and I had an old iPod Mini that I was trying to put some more music onto. Something went wrong though and somehow all of the music, photos and videos had on the device was deleted. The only thing left was a single song, James Brown’s “I Feel Good”.

It didn’t make any sense how I could have accidentally deleted everything EXCEPT for one song, like you’d think either nothing would be wrong, or everything would be deleted. Why just one song?

Later that day we turned on the news and found out James Brown had died that day.

I know it was just a coincidence…And it’s such a small, inconsequential thing…but I still think about it sometimes.

• StankFlipper@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

One night at bedtime, I put my daughter to bed and then crawled into bed by my wife and left our bedroom door open to hear if she needed anything in the night or so she could come sleep by us if she got scared. An hour or so passes and my daughter crawls in by us and I’m so tired I just leave the door open (normally I close and lock it if we’re all in there). A few hours pass and I hear what I thought was my kid walking down the hallway and stopping by the side of my bed and then I realize she is already in bed by us.

Then I hear a scraping noise on our blanket and I try to open my eyes and see what’s going on. I have a hard time and realize I must be having sleep paralysis and that I need to wake myself up somehow, but before I can I see a short silhouette of a person dragging a kitchen knife from our knife drawer over the blanket above my legs. The silhouette is just pure black I cannot make out any features and I’m done seeing this shit so I attempt to toss around and make noise so my wife could wake me. I wake up and my wife is fully awake and our daughter is awake and crying about a grumpy face man scaring her in her sleep.

The next day after my wife gets home from work I discuss what I saw and she gets the chills and tells me the reason she was awake to hear me was because she saw the exact same thing standing by her side of the bed and using the lights from her phone and watch chargers like its eyes. We compared our specifics from what we saw in our sleep more and the encounters were identical. I’ve told this online before and mouth breathers just chalk it up to sleep paralysis and nothing more and I normally would too, but the fact the three of us had a shared nightmare of the same shit and all woke up at the same time is what scares me. I checked our house for gas leaks and carbon monoxide and nothing like that was found.

• snake_extremist@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Paranormal things don’t exist. Every such story always has zero proof or has a much simpler explanation that doesn’t involve ghosts and magic.