How much do I need to pay for repairing phone which got flooded? It’s a pixel 6, I’ve opened it, and saw some corrosion on the MB. It does not react to power button, nor to plugging it to the charger.

I could not find motherboard on Ifixit, but maybe someone tried to repair such a damage via Google themselves?

• Haveanicedayman@lemmy.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Holy smokes, here is the quote from Google: Estimated cost*: €479.70 (incl. 19% VAT) I would say- quite a lot.

• Avid Amoeba@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Yeah, the motherboard is one of the most expensive components, probably followed by the screen. 🥺

• Extras@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

Damn at that point i’d get a refurbished replacement instead or maybe go on ebay to see if you can find a unit thats just for parts. Also doesnt hurt to get a quote from a third party repair shop thats local to you before you do anything

• AlmightySnoo 🐢🇮🇱🇺🇦@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      9 months ago

That’s almost the same as the price of a new Pixel 7a, that repair quote is a complete joke. As Extras said, you could try to find a Pixel 6 on Ebay that is in bad shape (cracked screen etc… but works) for cheap and then use its motherboard. Otherwise, you could also just go for a used or refurbished Pixel 6, I found this one at €275 on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/186093640631 (I’d probably try to haggle a bit for a lower price).