I’m looking for a tele or strat style guitar with a 24.75 or Gibson scale roasted maple, satin finish neck, compound radius roughly 12 to 16 inch, hardtail, non wrap around bridge, HH or HSS (or H90)?

PC part picker may have spoiled me in this regard but why isn’t there a page with a filter-able list of makes/models/year/feature/whatever that lets you search for your favorite spec’d instrument?

• sundrei@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I wish there was a list. I’m on a mission to collect strats with short scale lengths. My advice, create a doc and write down every model you hear about, and some day there will be a list.

tl;dr for the rest of this: I can’t think of anything that does everything you want :(

The issue I’ve run into is there’s not a lot of factory-build 24.75 scale strats (there’s a few partscasters that come up on Reverb and eBay from time to time). Another problem: shorter scale strats often have 3/4 sized bodies. Hardtail, 24.75 scale, non-wrap around bridges are like hens’ teeth.

Off the top of my head… the Squier Vintage Modified Thinline Telecaster gets you part of the way there – it’s a single/single pickup, 7.25" radius fretboard guitar, so that doesn’t quite fit.

Ibanez’s AZ Essentials are 25" scale, 10" radius, but have tremolos.

From Fender look for their Boxer series; their Aerodyne series (but double check, there’s some 25.5"s in there), and quite a few other Fender Japan models, come to think of it. But most have round fretboards and tremolos.

On the other end, the ~2009 Schecter C-1 Custom has a 24.75 scale, has an 11" to 16" compound radius, and HH pickups… but, it’s got a tune-o-matic style bridge (though it’s a string-through body).

There’s the PRS SE EG HSS. It’s a 25" scale length, 10" radius… but it’s got a strat-style tremolo.

You might have to compromise, wait a long time, or build/mod one yourself I’m afraid. Good luck, whatever you choose though!

• Nemo Wuming@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

Did you look at PRS? They have a lot of various specs to fit a lot of preferences. You might find something close enough. Also, they sound good, look good and the SE models are quite affordable for the quality they offer.

why isn’t there a page with a filter-able list of makes/models/year/feature/whatever that lets you search for your favorite spec’d instrument?

That’s a great idea. If you build it, people will use it.

• TheFinnOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Lol I know they would but that would be a full time job keeping it current.

Thanks for your suggestions. I actually did not look at PRS.

• TheFinnOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I don’t have the money to do it multiple times is the issue. And it would take a few tries to learn how to do everything.

• kiwifoxtrot@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

You can buy all the parts you need from Warmoth and do it only once. They sell finished bodies and finished conversion necks (so that you can get your scale length on a strat/ tele body). All you need to do is bolt it together and then take it to a luthier for a final setup.

• umbrella@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

get a good luthier to build it for you/guide you if you are feeling overwhelmed with the process, its much easier, and in the end you get your perfect guitar

• TheFinnOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

I don’t have the kind of skill to build something like that. I know it would take several tries.

Thanks for the Sweetwater idea, I somehow forgot about them.

• entropicdrift@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Kiesel make guitar pretty close to that spec. They definitely do compound radius and you can pick you pickup layout and bridge. I think their scale length is 25", so closer to 24.75" than 25.5"