• gravitas_deficiency@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

I gotta say, it’s a bit alarming that the Torries seem to be regularly borrowing the shittiest ideas that the GOP is coming up with these days.

• thehatfox@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

The British right wing have been eagerly watching what’s been happening in the US, and making notes on what they think will work here.

Expect more of this to come. The cultural differences between the UK and USA - particularly the less religiosity, makes me think it won’t take off as well here.

• floofloof@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

When our cities are underwater, our forests are deserts and the surviving humans are fighting each other over scraps of food, we can be grateful that conservatives everywhere made it a priority to protect us from the danger of trans people.

• Dojan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Hardly shocking. Restricting access to healthcare is a long standing tactic for these cunts.

• Sdot@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Fuck this guy. Trans women are women and deserve respect and appropriate healthcare.

• Alexa@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

As always, does that mean trans men should also be placed in the incorrect ward? Or do they also get their own private rooms?

• V H@lemmy.stad.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 months ago

Trans men doesn’t exist to the bigots. They always forget them. And then when reminded they’re fine with trans men being treated like men. For … reasons (mostly reasons of having forgotten they exist)

• Blue and Orange@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

Trans people once again paying the price for Tory attempts to stoke up a moral panic in the run up to the next election.

Their message to the community is stay in the closet, and if you’re out then you should get back in. You will not be welcome in society and will be shunned should you try to participate in it in any capacity.

They don’t want trans people to exist, full stop. And they will try to legislate to that end. They’re scum.

• DJDarren@thelemmy.club
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I used to believe in “common sense”, until it was pointed out to me that the vast amount of common sense is only common to the people in power.