• 0ops@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Is there a tutorial you can recommend? Not long after it came out I managed to get it running, but only in desktop mode, and input wasn’t working at all.

• Bappity@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

you will need to add Yuzu as a non steam game in desktop mode then you can find it in game mode on that tab. before launching any games at least for me I have to use the touchscreen to launch them at first.

As for input, check the controller settings then go to controller layouts and the community tab, some people have made layouts for it. you might have to experiment with different ones a bit till you find one you like though.

• Weylandyuta@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

You could try steam rom manager. It allows you to add your roms and/or emulators to your steam list from one app. It comes with emudeck but I think you can get it separately if you don’t want to use the rest of emudeck features.

• flunky@lemmy.flunky.club
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I just finished Ori and the Blind Forest and it was a lot of fun. Really well done game in my opinion. Similar to Hollow Knight, if you’ve played that.

If you haven’t played Hollow Knight, play Hollow Knight.

• Polo421@vlemmy.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Here’s hoping you move on to Ori and the Will of the Wisps. It’s one of my favorite of all time.

• flunky@lemmy.flunky.club
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I started a game last night. Looks cool. Nice to see some melee combat.

I think I’ll replay Blind Forest on a higher difficulty first. It was pretty easy on Normal.

• Pazuzu@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

XCOM2 - trying to play anything to make the wait to Starfield bearable!

Edit: adding to this that it’s a HOG on the battery which blows my mind considering its not all that graphically impressive.

• Myspleen@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s all the calculations xcom makes to ensure the move you made was the wrong move draining the battery 😁

• yacgta@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Did you try manually setting the TDP? In Civ VI I set it to 7W (default graphics) and it has helped quite a bit.

• Pazuzu@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I tried bringing frames down to 30 and messed a little with a custom game profile but I think I’ll have to drop graphics to medium or low for any real tangible difference. And that I’m just not willing to do! So it’s a couch outlet game for me at the moment. Fallout 4 uses less juice. Maybe it’s just poorly optimized?

• Loonytoad@vlemmy.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Dave the Diver. It’s not only the perfect Steam Deck game, it’s contender for indie game of the year. There’s just so much content and it’s all so good!

• Weylandyuta@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s crazy how fun this game is in short bursts but it’s also scarily packed with content. I love the little animation cutscenes that they have for bancho and when fulfilling the customer requests.

• static@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Same, provided I’m playing at home with wifi haha, otherwise I think Brotato has made a large dent in my Deck time

• Zackyist@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Mostly Spyro Reignited here, reliving the moments of my childhood in higher definition. Along with Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered.

• Showermanator@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yesss, I played New Super Lucky’s Tale after seeing my kid play it on the Switch. It resparked some nostalgia for classic 3D platforming so I ended up getting Spyro, Crash and Kao the Kangaroo. Been having a blast.

• Grimpen@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

No Man’s Sky, lots of No Man’s Sky this last month. Monster Hunter World is installed and ready to go… but I just need to finish something in No Man’s Sky first.

For a smaller Indie title, I was playing Aground before the latest NMS community expedition.

My daughter has been borrowing it to play The Lake, and my son and I have been playing Nickelodeon Brawl and Nickelodeon Carts on it.

• twistypencil@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I was addicted to no man’s sky for a while, plays great on the deck. I took a black hole somewhere and then had an existential crisis wondering what I was doing it there in the universe and left myself stranded lost somewhere I didn’t know

• Invalid@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Been using Yuzu to emulate Tears of The Kingdom. Works so well for the handheld platform.

(For legal reasons this is definitely not actually true please don’t sue me daddy Nintendo)

• Invalid@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

It took a lot of tinkering, ngl. So far, I’ve gotten it to run at a pretty consistent 30fps with a bit of slowdown when going into areas for the first time due to shader compilation. Of course, big towns and such shows a bit of a slowdown as well, but nothing game breaking. I’m about a third or more through the main story all played on the Deck. Here’s a list of things I’ve done to get it playable:

• Installed Yuzu via EmuDeck. For whatever reason, I couldn’t even launch the game using the standard flatpak version/package version.
        • Dynamic 30fps Patch. I tried the 60fps version, but since the game never gets much above 30, I went with the 30fps version since it was noticeably smoother.
        • Ran CryoUtilities and let it do its optimizations (increasing vram actually makes the game run worse due to there being less ram. This game/emulator is very memory hungry it seems so skip that one.)
        • I use the PowerTools plugin from Decky to set the hardware scheduler to performance mode. I’ve also played around with increasing minimum CPU clock speeds, but I can’t seem to make a difference with those. There were some rumors about disabling the “Odd Number” core option that helped performance, but I didn’t notice a difference with the current EA build of Yuzu. that turned out to be true.
        • Using the normal Power Options, force the GPU clock speed to max (1600).
        • Running EA Yuzu in Vulkan mode I’m not sure if this makes a difference, but I sourced the game from a specific girl who claims to be fit and likes to repackage things.

A quick note : I’m also running Release 1.0 since whenever I try to upgrade to 1.1, I get an infinite black loading screen. I think this has to do with where I got the 1.0 release from, but I’m not sure. Supposedly, 1.1 has some bug fixes and performance fixes as well, but I’m too far into the game to worry about getting it working at this point.

All of this is purely hypothetical, though, obviously.

• do_not_pm_me@thelemmy.club
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I recently finished psychonauts 2 on the steamdeck connected to the dock. It ran almost perfectly. Some areas that had a lot of activity would drop a bit, but overall it was an amazing experience.

• Xilly@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I thought they did a great job after have such a long hiatus between the original Psychonauts.

• Phegan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Do you have the steps to run diablo 4 on the steam deck? I havent explored non steam games

• frozenicecube@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

There are a few ways but here’s my preferred method

1. Desktop mode
        2. Install Lutris
        3. Search for battle.net in Lutris and install
        4. Launch battle.net
        5. Install Diablo 4 through battle.net

There are a few guides around with more detail but it’s very straight forward. Also a few guides out there on how to maximize battery life. I get 2.5hrs or so, closer to 3 if I avoid towns.

• null_@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I would not recommend Lutris/wine for D4 since it tuns perfectly on Proton Experimental, at that point you are just introducing another layer of potential compatibility issues that are completely unnecessary. I tried using Lutris on launch day and it was a total headache with various components being incompatible.

Just install the launcher in desktop mode and add it as a steam game, then set compatibility mode to Proton Experimental. Done.

• KosmikTurtle@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I followed this guy’s YouTube tutorial to get D4 working on the steam deck. Super clear instructions and worked like a charm. I did end up tweaking the settings a bit and am not playing at 60 fps (opted for 45), but it runs great. Here’s the link for the YouTube video. https://youtu.be/zxet_LLQIwE

• Silvus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

you mean on my brotatoDeck? surely people don’t do anything other than use for brotato. I mean, that is what it’s for. right? … right!!!

• Nilz@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It used to be my BrotatoDeck until Steam overwrote my savegame while syncing. Haven’t been able to bring myself to play it again since then.

• chemslayer@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Still the greatest Roguelike IMO, the variety and unlockables are through the roof, and while RNG is a big part anything can still be overcome with enough raw skill