• @Wodge@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    647 months ago

I do it every day, just to check, as I’m not gonna be one of these idiots with the force for years without realizing it.

• @rimjob_rainer
    link
    English
    417 months ago

I’ve been trying since I was 9 and I’m still trying with 33.

• @CaptPretentious@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      177 months ago

You really have to! Spider-Man wasn’t born Spider-Man, he became Spider-Man one day. You can’t know what/when will trigger your ability to use the force. So constant testing is required.

Small tangent, that’s the excuse I also use every time I’m drinking something and it goes down the wrong tube “Nope, still not Aquaman”.

• @Ashyr@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    287 months ago

At least once? Almost any time something is just out of reach, I give it a go before moving. It’s just plain fun.

• @orbitz@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      47 months ago

Yeah but I’d expect more stories of telekinesis if it ever worked, so I only try sometimes. Once did the Jedi mind trick hand wave for fun while high, got a laugh but don’t think they were swayed to whatever I suggested. Though was mostly hoping for a laugh at the time so got some success.

• @KidsTryThisAtHome@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        27 months ago

Maybe that’s our problem, no one’s done it before so there’s still a small part of us that doesn’t think it’s possible. The solution is simple, start wearing robes and train every day (👁 ͜ʖ👁) like it was literally one of Yoda’s first lessons to Luke that he fails because he doesn’t believe… Brb gonna try to lift my car out of that tar pit again, and this time I’m gonna believe so hard

• @scarabic@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    157 months ago

Hell, that’s the least I’ve done.

When I was a kid, me and my friend were obsessed with the movie Tron. Like the makers of that movie, we had no concept of how computers actually work. But we wanted to be inside one! So one night we typed “START: TRON >> ENTER GAME GRID” on the command line of his dad’s PC and the laid our sleeping bags around the PC and went to sleep; hoping we’d wake up inside the computer all dressed in blue…

• @Apeman42@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    147 months ago

Of course. I test myself for spontaneously-developed superpowers all the time, just in case.

I just hope if it’s the human torch thing that eventually works, that I’m also fireproof…

• @jtk@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      87 months ago

In the 80’s, I had a stress ball that I put on my entertainment center and tried it, only took a few seconds and the thing fell off!.. because it had expanded back into a ball shape and rolled. At least I learned a fun trick to amaze my younger sister with :)

• Sunkblake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    97 months ago

Yes, i tried once very recently out of habit because i have been playing Half Life Alyx