Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share with you two private torrent trackers accepting new users. Check out this site to register.

https://opentrackers.org/

Recently I was looking for BD disks of LOTR and other movies and finally I could get them thanks to these two trackers. Thanks to freeleech even without negatively affecting my ratio.

• Blacksheep@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Personally I think its a good general tracker. I don’t see anything wrong with having a couple different trackers just to have them for a rainy day. Just make sure to login once a month and check the rules

• rambos@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

They give you points for active torrents even if you dont seed anything. If you keep your torrent client active 24/7 its quite easy imo. I have 1.7 TB upload of witch 1TB was bought with tl points

• Zedstrian@lemmy.dbzer0.com
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            8 months ago

The best way to build ratio on TorrentLeech regardless of one’s download or upload bandwidth is to use about 2GB of the initial 15GB given to new accounts to download 100 torrents that are at least 15MB, subsequently seeding those torrents 24/7 to maximize continuous TL point gain. After getting enough points you can use them to boost your ratio.

• Zedstrian@lemmy.dbzer0.com
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                8 months ago

Without a high enough upload bandwidth (only have 5Mbps myself), even with freeleech not counting against one’s download for the ratio it’s unlikely that peers will stay connected to download seeded releases when other people with far higher upload bandwidth or seedboxes can maximize their download bandwidth. Not a problem for everyone of course, but the 100-torrent method works whether someone has an upload bandwidth of 1 Mbps or 1000Mbps.

• ovay
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

deleted by creator

• nostradiel@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Trackers with private group of people with ussually better digital stuff, better organised, with admins, who actually care about development of their community, cause they’re paid through donations, which give advantages to users like vip status or gigabytes to your ratio (download/upload), which is like a precaution to avoid poeple to just hit and run torrents, and it’s hard to get in cause you need invite from someone within or get through open day opportunity, which is never or rarely, depends on the admins of tracker.

• 1984@lemmy.today
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

They are much more dangerous too. Why wouldn’t some of these be honeypots?

• CmdrShepard@lemmy.one
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

Why would you make the honeypot private? Much better to cast a wide net if that’s your goal. They’re pretty much universally ‘safer’ and better quality in my experience

• 1984@lemmy.today
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            8 months ago

Because you register. It shows intent in a very different way than just using an open tracker.