• angrytoadnoises@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Why are liberals so eager to excuse this sort of stuff because it’s wartime? They would never accept it happening in their own country, even if they were at war. I guess because it’s ‘somewhere else’ it doesn’t matter to them.

• PolandIsAStateOfMind@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

They absolutely already did accepted it happening in their own country in time of peace, as murders of Black Panthers shown. And they will CALL for it in the future when the class war intensify in the west.

• comvedml@lemmygrad.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Because libs hate commies as much as fascists 🤣 and western libs are just running dogs 🐶 of Nazism.

• Edward@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

Libs are probably fine with anything, just don’t use the wrong words (see communism, nazism, fascism, etc.)

• EuthanatosMurderhobo@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

More like as long as both of those words are used by them to label their political opponents. These words all but lost their meaning within the postmodernist consensus thanks to that shit.

• MeowZedong@lemmygrad.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

That and the comfort of ignorance.

They don’t have a problem repeating history because they’ve never bothered to consume anything but what was conveniently spoon-fed to them by the totally unbiased media and education systems.

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

While I am sure there would be some outcry, there is a very large percentage of US liberals that would probably be thrilled to see communists banned [again]. McCarthy couldn’t wish for a better political climate of fear than they have over there right now.

• iriyan@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

US liberals in particular tend to dig a tiny hole on sand during war that other liberals started, and pretend there is no war. Sand is supplied freely by Saudis together with loudspeakers to emphasize oppressive Chinese social policy and human right violations.

If it wasn’t for liberals capitalism would have ended long ago.

• sicaniv@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Hell, they will accept any thing coz liberals love status quo regardless of it’s nature and have tendencies to adjust with any thing as long it helps.

• juchenecromancer@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

First suspending elections, now purging Communists. Cocaine-sniffing Zelensky is following in his Nazi forefathers’ footsteps.

• Beat_da_Rich@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

And from last I checked (someone correct me if I’m wrong) but the Ukrainian Communist Party doesn’t even support Russia’s invasion. This is pure scapegoating by Zelensky.

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Communist Party of Ukraine, let’s not pull a “CCP” on them.

I am not sure the party’s overall take on the Russian invasion, thanks to them basically being cut out of the political process since the “decommunization” laws of 2015, though I know that Symoneko (who is notably from Donbas) was relatively supportive of the operation.

I haven’t found any good sources for what the CPU’s official position was, at least not with reliable citations.

• comvedml@lemmygrad.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Communist party of Ukraine which is KNY does support SMO . There are other parties who don’t mainly due to repression and violence .

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

They won’t even bother trying to spin it unless it gets mainstream attention, which it won’t. Anyone who tries to bring it up will get accused of “whataboutism” and that will be the end of the conversation.

I don’t think the banning of political opposition parties even got much news cycle traction.

• RedCat@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

I don’t think the banning of political opposition parties even got much news cycle traction.

Talked with a lib recently and brought this up. He replied “well it was necessary because the opposition were Russian puppets. They can be unbanned after the war is over.”___

• CjkOvPDwQW@lemmy.pt
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Source please. That’s just sad… I knew they were arrested and without contact to outside world for a long time. But being executed, wow

• The Free Penguin@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

TERF=Trans-exclusionary radical feminist, basically people who use feminist lingo to hide their transphobia. CPGB-ML has a long history of doing such stuff

• coderade@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

They’re not an organisation with the goal of spreading TERF ideas. They’re comrades with some regressive stances on sexuality.

I’d take a thousand comrades who don’t have perfect views on inclusion, over some Trans CEO having a diversity team in their conglomerate. Granted I’m biased as someone who is not historically opressed, but I think we should focus on material gains for people hurting instead of dividing ourselves unnecessarily.

• coderade@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I was speaking generally. Rainbow capitalism is still capitalism. I’m saying I’d prefer generic communism over rainbow capitalism

• loathesome𝕏dongeater@lemmygrad.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Yeah but it is a false dichotomy though. You don’t have an obligation to accept this mythical “trans CEO” if you call out CPGBML on their extremely regressive views on gender.

• it’s not a regressive stance on sexuality, it’s an aggressively reactionary view of gender identity; they’re not just ignorant about it, they have a history of fearmongering about trans women, possibly to pander to the mainstream transphobia in the UK

• coderade@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Ok I did more research and it seems their views on sexual identities are more ingrained and backwards than I’d like. But I’d still say better than many organizations that are reactionary in identities and economy

• Kultronx@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m still kinda skeptical this is real. Seems like a bad propaganda move on UKR’s part. Does anyone have a legit link that says they are assuredly facing execution?

• JucheBot1988@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The fascists can kill these heroes, just as they killed Ernst Thaelmann. They can never kill what they represent.

• BurtsBS@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

What difference does it make if communists are arrested? Better than the mass grave they inevitably end up in.

It all happens the same in the end.

Fuck communists.