• Marxine@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

And we’re now getting the Meta shills as well, wanting everyone to federate with Threads because “what harm is there in federating with a fascist mega corporation? You’re being too judgmental and intolerant

• Nora@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I hope the instance admins defederate with any corporate owned instance as soon as they become a thing. If they become the main voices on the fediverse the will kill it.

• Marxine@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

I also expect lemmy.ml to defederate since Dessalines and Nutomic admin it. I have an account on Lemmygrad as a “safe house” from enshittification, but I intend to keep it mainly for my studies and be able to still use this one for general crap (hello Genshin Impact).

Hope lemmy.world admins don’t be too naive about Meta.

• redtea@lemmygrad.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

What’s the story here, then? Is Meta planning to just slide into the federated world? That can’t be taken in good faith. It’s got shareholders! If they’re federating, it’ll be to corner the federated world.

Like Threads isn’t going to play nice with Twitter; they both want the same users, exclusively. If these ghoul-corps do federate, they will have a plan to advertise across the fediverse. Other instances might not accept advertising but it won’t stop armies of advertiser bots.

They’ll do the same with politics. We might even already be seeing the start of it. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that what’s happening to Twitter and Reddit is by design so that users jump to the next thing, where three letter and advertising agencies (instructed by the bourgeoisie) are already setting up shop in the dark – where they’ll be harder to see. They realised where the future was and cut their losses.

Maybe I’m just a crank.

• Marxine@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              1 year ago

Yup, Meta is planning to implement ActiveHub (the protocol Mastodon, Lemmy, Kbin and others use to communicate with each other) and federate with us. We’re better off blocking them.

• redtea@lemmygrad.ml
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

I wouldn’t be surprised if they set up some Lemmy and Mastodon instances to create a faux fediverse and divert people from the grass roots one. If I were them, I’d already be doing it…

• ComradeSalad@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m sorry if I sound like some old boomer waving their cane around, but would it be possible to make this nsfw? It’s not fun to stumble across while eating.

• Pili@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Ah fuck, sorry your platform got shit on. I hope I’ll become a good Lemmist.

• FunCod_64@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Someone posted a can of beans in lemmy.world’s shitpost community and said lemmy users will upvote anything. It got a couple thousand likes and rose to the top of the feed. I found it mildly funny at the time, but the way it is still beeing regurgitated reminds me to much of reddit.

• FunCod_64@lemmygrad.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

True, together with lentils they are my goto protein source. If only they wouldn’t cause petarades… Or maybe I’m just cooking them wrong :D

• FunCod_64@lemmygrad.ml
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

Oh I misspelled it. Petarades is a fancy word for farts. Read that somewhere and sounded kinda funny, as comes from pétarade (backfire) in french. English is not my first language so I though it would be more common than it actually is.

• 201dberg@lemmygrad.ml
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  1 year ago

Bean farts can be completely negated by fermenting the beans with a salt brine like you would a sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles, etc. The lactobacillus and other probiotics will completely ferment the polysaccharides in the beans that cause the gas. The process takes time, about 4 weeks minimum, but that’s about what you would do for a fully fermented sauerkraut. It will also increase protein availability, soluble fiber, and decrease soluble sugars by up to 75%. I stagger my ferments so I always have some available. They can sit in the brine, fully fermented, for months if you have an air lock set up. I will also periodically ferment them pressure can them for long term storage.

• redsteel@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Thousands of overwhelmingly liberal redditors coming to lemmy.ml or one of the other high visible instances since reddit’s API changes announcement in June. They’ve brought their insufferable Western chauvinism with them and have been “shitting in the pool” of all politics/news discussions.

• nour@lemmygrad.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

It’s not even just the politics/news discussion. I remember lemmy.ml being a pleasant site to discuss non-political topics (mostly nerd stuff, but still), despite the presence of obnoxious liberals. Now that it’s overrun by redditors, it’s… much lower quality? Or just plainly annoying? Or maybe it’s just that I know that it all is being posted by obnoxious westerners? I can’t quite put into words what exactly is bothering me, but it definitely is. I usually browse by local now instead of by all.

• KlargDeThaym@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Liberal redditors turn everything they touch with their greasy mitts into shit.

On a separate topic. What’s the connection between Lemmygrad and lemmy.ml?