• U+1F914 🤔@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

“This release includes major improvements to performance, specifically optimizations of database queries. Special thanks to @phiresky, @ruud, @sunaurus and many others for investigating these.”

Hehe, lemmy.world doing some stress testing for the entire lemmy project.

• WhoRoger@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I find it hilarious how the most random shit always changes with updates. Like I just noticed how the badges for mod and OP changed on posts, and so I knew there’s an update. Who keeps constantly fidgeting with these things?

Ed: to be clear, I’m not dissing anyone. Keep it up folks

• Molecular0079@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah I wonder what the reasoning behind that was. Personally I preferred the old way, where it was completedly filled in. Made it easier to notice the tag by color. It also aligned more with the rest of the Lemmy UI and it’s filled-in green buttons.

• Matt@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Haha, this is how fast-moving open source projects work, things change constantly as they believe it’s better to just get (perceived) improvements out of the door when they’re cooked up, instead of waiting in any capacity.

• RCMaehl [Any]@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Hi Ruud, was wondering if you could check if lemmy.world/.well-known/security.txt actually exists on the server. It was added in 0.18.1 but either isn’t being created or isn’t public.

• Nato Boram@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Hi! I noticed an issue with the headers sent by Lemmy.world.

Headers sent from and to this website’s official UI look like this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    server: nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)
    date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 23:35:17 GMT
    content-type: application/json
    vary: accept-encoding, Origin, Access-Control-Request-Method, Access-Control-Request-Headers
    content-encoding: gzip
    access-control-allow-origin: *
    access-control-allow-methods: GET, POST, PUT, OPTIONS
    access-control-allow-headers: DNT,User-Agent,X-Requested-With,If-Modified-Since,Cache-Control,Content-Type,Range
    access-control-expose-headers: content-encoding, content-type, vary, Content-Length,Content-Range
    X-Firefox-Spdy: h2

Which is fine. However, headers received by custom clients look like this:

HTTP/2 200 OK
    server: nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)
    date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 23:33:50 GMT
    content-type: application/json
    vary: accept-encoding, Origin, Access-Control-Request-Method, Access-Control-Request-Headers
    content-encoding: gzip
    access-control-allow-origin: https://natoboram.github.io
    access-control-expose-headers: content-encoding, access-control-allow-origin, content-type, vary
    access-control-allow-origin: *
    access-control-allow-methods: GET, POST, PUT, OPTIONS
    access-control-allow-headers: DNT,User-Agent,X-Requested-With,If-Modified-Since,Cache-Control,Content-Type,Range
    access-control-expose-headers: Content-Length,Content-Range
    X-Firefox-Spdy: h2

There’s two access-control-allow-origin! This still breaks web clients.

• Ruud@lemmy.worldOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Hahah hadn’t seen that one, looks nice! Reminds me of the good old days…

• trouser_mouse@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Haha exactly! I just need to find my dot matrix printer paper with the holes and I’m all set to relive my youth

• trouser_mouse@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

Awesome! We had BBC Micro in schools here, I think at home we had a Commodore or it might have been an Amiga! it is a bit hard to remember so far back :) I remember writing a letter to my dad on it, quoting Monty Python and calling him a bastard lol, not knowing exactly what I was saying at the time. Ah, fond memories!

• GONADS125@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Mobile browser is ultra fast and stable, and Jerboa is running like a charm! Appreciate all you and your team’s hard work.

• TheForvalaka@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Definitely notice the improved speed and fewer errors lately. Thanks so much for hosting a great instance, and for keeping up with its needs.

• Logical@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Can you please give us a straight answer regarding blocking threads.net? If you don’t intend to do so, there are those of us who want to know so that we can leave.

• Mac@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Threads big and scary. Smol bois in the Fediverse have been discussing preemptively defederating from Threads due to how big and scary it is in an attempt to protect themselves and the Fediverse as a whole.

• *Tagger*@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Threads is the new Facebook-owned twitter come. It uses the activity pub protocol and is therefore part of the fediverse.

People are concerned that Facebook with embrace the fediverse, enhance it with me features (as they will be the largest developers on the platform) and then either deliberately or because no-one can keep up with their development extinguish it.

• nostalgicgamerz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

It’s working great, but we would appreciate an update in regards to letting meta in our instance or not

• owatnext@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Thanks for the update! But I noticed an issue: it seems you haven’t commented on defederating from Threads? Please let us know if you are so we can respond accordingly.