I lost my cellphone a few days ago and don’t wanna pay too much for another one. I’d like to keep it under $200. Thank you in advance comrades.

• invalidusernamelol [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

One of the Xiaomi, I have the 11T and after 3 years it still feels brand new. Average price is between $160-$300 for the Redmi and numbered series. Just get one that you like that has at least 6GB of ram.

Bonus: the bootscreen is a rabbit in an ushanka with a red star fixing the Android robot. You can also easily unlock their phones for root access.

• daisy@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Same here. But it’s mostly because my phone has some funky awesome features that I haven’t found in combination on other newer phones. Dual SIM, app firewall as stock, auto call recording, reliable IPS display instead of planned-obsolescence OLED, proper HD, etc. I haven’t yet found a replacement with all the weird features I need, at any price.

• visnudeva@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Redmi phones are usually good for the price, I always buy them under 200$ after watching some reviews to see what’s the good recent model.

• FuckyWucky [none/use name]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

As the other commenter said, iPhone se 2020 is great but the screen is a bit too small for me and ios is not very customizable. You can’t install YouTube vanced and stuff on ios.

OnePlus 7 Pro used goes for 200 if you are interested on the android side.

• thirtymilliondeadfish [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

what are your needs, wants etc.

I don’t need fancy and expensive 5g, I want a solid battery, I’m not loyal to any particular brand. There’s a “HOTWAV W10” on aliexpress for $200 with a 15000mah battery lmao.

• kristina [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    8 months ago

i strongly recommend searching by battery capacity. i have had a very high battery capacity phone with long battery life and it has been going strong for 7 years