more info here: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2023/11/01/is-your-extension-ready-for-firefox-for-android/

earlier, we could use extensions(except for 7-8 highly poplar ones) with an account containing add-ons collection(in nightly versions). But now it’s coming to beta and stable as well.

image transcription:
collage of Mr bean waiting in the field with the text “Me waiting for more extensions in Firefox for Android.”
below is another Mr bean image, this time excited, sitting in a plane with the text that reads “they are arriving in version 120.”

• FreshLight@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I’ve been using Firefox Nightly for Android and synched my Addons with my FF account. Works like a charm. I love using cookie message blocker, user agent faker etc.

• AVincentInSpace@pawb.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I’ve been using Ruffle (https://ruffle.rs/) to play Flash games on mobile for a while. Nice to see I finally won’t have to jump through hoops to put Firefox Nightly into developer mode and force it to install an extension not in the pre-approved list. Maybe it’ll even work on websites this time like it does on desktop and I won’t have to copy Flash URLs into the extension page!

• Hate@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I can only think of one extension that I’d really like on mobile right now (nitter redirect), but this is great for the future of Firefox

• Deebster@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

All the ones I actually want on my phone worked already, but this is still good news.

• DAMunzy@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Yeah, I used Firefox nightly until uBlock Origin became available on the regular release. Glad to see that most are going to be available. Been using Firefox since before they refactored the entire codebase (I think it was Mozilla Navigator back then). Went to Opera for awhile, Maxthon, and Chrome when it first game out but I always had Firefox installed.

• sorrybookbroke@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

That’s the first one I thought of too. Way too often I click a link in app or via search without thinking and it puts me on the wrong website.

• lemmesayOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

has very questionable telemetry baked in.

• TWeaK@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Extend your experience by not locking in to a vendor.

So many forks of the Android Firefox browser allow desktop extensions - just not the main one.

• lemmesayOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I am using mull and iceraven at the moment. but it’s nice to have that support in the official version. :)

• TWeaK@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Iceraven seems alright, but I’d point you towards Mulch as a substitute for Android System Webview (the browser that apps use when they are not themselves a web browser).

Mull and Mulch come preinstalled in the DivestOS ROM.