• Rapidcreek@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

It’s so odd to have a president who is secure enough and has the humility to admit fault.

Even today, Trump is claiming he intentionally mixes up Obama and Biden in speeches.

• homura1650@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Admit fault … in a private meating with the parties offended by the faulty statement. Will he give a national speach walking back the statement he made in a national speach?

This was not a mis speak. This was not a mistake. Biden made a political calculation for how to talk about the conflict. He is trying to appease both sides of the issue by changing his position depending on who he is talking to.

• ivanafterall@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Honestly, seeing/hearing the words “I will do better” from a President is what real leadership actually looks like. It’s sad that it’s borderline inspiring, but in this climate, it’s at least an attempt at statesmanship.

• Fades@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Now that is how a president should behave. Humble and accepting of criticism when they’re wrong.

• Oisteink@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Using reader mode on iOS just gives an eBay page with some odd file. It’s junk website site even if you subscribe to their spin.

• Altofaltception@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

They hand picked 5 people to attend a discussion about Palestinians and only one of them was actually Palestinian.

• DragonTypeWyvern@literature.cafe
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Why would they send more, and why do you think those four people representing a different nation, as members of that nation, didn’t need to hear the discussion?

• DragonTypeWyvern@literature.cafe
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          7 months ago

My argument is that it’s pretty common to send organizational members to discussions, conventions, and meetings to learn things.

• Altofaltception@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            7 months ago

This was a meeting with Joe Biden. I would argue he’d have a few things to learn on this matter.

My argument about not including Palestinian voices is that you’re ignoring the people most impacted there.

• GodlessCommie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Has he apologized for his blatant lie about seeing beheaded babies?

He’s gonna do better by removing all restrictions of weapon sales to Israel so they can finish off their genocide and ethnic cleansing?

• AlwaysNowNeverNotMe@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      7 months ago

Sales? Lol.

The US has “Strategic reserves” of ammunition, weapons, and vehicles in Israel. These are held there in case of a regional conflict the US has to respond to.

Biden is in the process of allowing Israel to access these reserves without limitation, instead of following US and international law about supplying arms. Our tax dollars will now be used to refill these strategic reserves after Israel “accesses” them.

Oh and I’m sure as soon as this blows over we will be fast on our feet to reverse that decision and won’t build Israel’s arsenal for a decade or more. Nope definitely won’t do that.

• trackcharlie@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

I think it’s important to note that modern supplies have a timeline on them and from what I understand we’ve provided both isreal and ukraine with supplies on the cusp of or already expired to which we would have had to replace them anyway.

You may not like it, and I don’t agree with it, but they are technically saving the taxpayer money because if they didn’t do this the items would be taken to a UEX ranch and blown up, costing significantly more for the taxpayer in transport and work than just selling it to the locals and replacing the stock with new.

As a direct point to this, the russians bought north korean artillery shells* and they are killing more russians and their equipment than actually firing towards targets.

*Many of the shells that russia bought from north korea are actually the shells the USSR sold NK before they collapsed. Explosive ordinance and munitions tend to require controlled environments for long term storage or they have an expected low lifetime viability. (especially if affected by humid conditions)

• cosmicrookie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

The cookies setting on that site are terrible! Some of the vendors can’t recieve cookie request settings over Https so some of your requested settings did not go through…

• GodlessCommie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

He’s trying to do damage control, too late for that. He’s allowed it to go on way too long.

Paid Zionists are gonna do Zionists things though