Before I forget here’s the server flow for my 64tb sever. Supports Anime and all the works, never could get manga working with torrent/usenet well enough on ubuntu though.

A short list:

• Anime/Tv/Movies
  • Switch games management (kinda)
  • Cross Seed
  • Unpackerr
  • Radarr + Sonarr Queue Cleanup
  • Trakt Sync
  • Trakt List to add sonarr item (bad practice but whatever)
  • Comics (weekly bundles are OP)
  • My shitty cronjobs

Make suggestions on improvements, I probably won’t be using this settup on my next server, but similar.

For adding content I used Ombi and the plex watchlist sync feature for those that were leeching on my plex, worked well enough. For better management I used the LunaSea app (great fucking app, go get it now, it’s free)

I didn’t do music bc I have tidal with plex and that’s more then fine, lidarr sucked too much for the artists I like and attempts at streamrip automation failed all the time.

Cronjob abuse is my friend

Forgot to mention this also supports auto-uploading content (with filters) on a cronjob

• d1tt0@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago
    1. this is sick
    2. i love that you’re using obsidian. such a great tool, i just wish the gui was open sourced.
      • Khrounose@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Is it really an alternative? When I tried it, sure some things were “similiar” but felt to me they excelled at different things.

• d1tt0@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Love logseq (and have it forked, or at least i did for awhile)… I’m just a bit put off by the “infinite bullet point” list style notes, since i like to free form a bit. But it’s probably time for me to check it out again :) thanks for the reminder!

• BitterSweetOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Haha thanks, Obsidian has been my study friend for a while and what I write all my modding guides in. Seeing how much people liked this post, I plan to post my full guides now too onto here :3

• Waluigis_Talking_Buttplug@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Yes.

It’s a fantastic software. All of your files are kept in plaintext, too, which is important to me.

You do NOT have to pay for syncing, you can pay them for their services, but I use syncthing to sync from my phone to my PC and server. It updates almost instantly. They also don’t try to block you from using third party sync options.

Obsidian is a notes software, but you can make canvases like this and link multiple notes together. It also supports mark down.

• Debs@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

Do you leave syncthing running on your phone all the time? How is this on your phone’s battery life?

Also, does obsidian do collaborative notes? Like, can I share and edit a note with someone else?

• Waluigis_Talking_Buttplug@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

I use Syncthing-Fork, by the way, just a note I forgot to add. More features.

I let it run 24/7. It’s been running constantly for months. It uses less than 1% in a day so it’s reasonable to not have to turn it on when I want to sync.

I have no idea if collaboration is a functionality of the paid obsidian features, it could be, but I don’t even have an account with them. Syncthing doesn’t support this (its just used for syncthing files to multiple devices), however you can share a note and edit it as long as you are not editing it simultaneously. Like, a back and forth kind of deal.

• lud@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

Do syncthing support version control? I currently use Git with GitHub to sync between devices and while it works it can be incredibly annoying to troubleshoot when it goes wrong.

• AnExerciseInFalling@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          7 months ago

I let syncing run in the background all the time, the app has a ton of settings to configure when it runs so it respects battery/data usage

Android reports the app has used less than 1% of my battery in the last 19 hours

• navigatron@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Yes - the nodes are obsidian pages (markdown files), this view is a napkin-type layout thing that is built in; I haven’t played much with it

• Estebiu@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Meanwhile in using qbittorrent’s own RSS engine and play the videos through mpv on the samba share. Yeaaah. Can I ask you where do you find the weekly manga?

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

I do use komga for my Kobo! But for reading weeklies on Tachiyomi it’s not too great if you’re not in a private tracker that has weekly releases

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I do use tachiyomi! Well, I did until 2/3 days ago when I found out kotatsu! Basically all the good bits from tachiyomi plus sync between devices, and that’s of great importance for me as I read both on my phone and tablet

• BitterSweetOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

No weekly manga anywhere. The closes I got was monitoring AnimeBytes for manga updates via Autobrr. Since AnimeBytes only keeps the most complete pack of each manga. So when a new chapter/volume is released the old torrent gets deleted and new one is made. So that keeps things easy for adding content… but not removing content to avoid duplicate volumes.

If you find a solution lmk :/

• UberMentch@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

The best I’ve found is Free Manga Downloader 2 (https://github.com/dazedcat19/FMD2). It’s not perfect, I have some gripes, but I have FMD2, mylar3, komga, and Tachiyomi (on my mobile devices) with the kogma extension for all my comic stuff. Works well enough for me

• Railcar8095@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

This is just gold. The comics and switch games I’m going to study. Thanks!

One question, do comics include manga too?

• BitterSweetOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

No, someone on MaM does comic weekly packs. There’s no reliable groups posting manga like how Empire does, so there’s no good way todo manga.

• Bakkoda@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

If you dislike Ombi try Overseerr. Completely different user experience, watchlist sync for users. It’s actually decent to use to discover stuff.

• BitterSweetOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I did try both actually, I just didn’t enjoy adding another service for people to use, it was too difficult convincing them to use another site and/or app. I just settled for the plex sync that way people don’t even have to touch ombi at all. Everything they need for media is contained in plex.

I admit though I bet for others ombi and overseerr are great, as they are great projects, just wasn’t a fit for me sadly :/

• gazter@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Looking at that, I reckon it’s easier just to pay for all the streaming services.

• BitterSweetOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I also make my own anime remuxes and enjoy Over The Garden Wall which is now “Lost Media”

• BitterSweetOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Same, but I was on the grind for a BHD invite and by time I got it, my trackers list was 10+ and found having automation better then manually upkeeping on everything.

• quicksand@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

This is awesome! I’m saving it for when I have some free time (aka probably never)

• coolie4@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

I would really like to automate my workflow and organize my library, but I like to seed things forever. How do you automatically retrieve metadata to reorganize folders and filenames, while still being able to seed? Is creating a second copy of the files the only way, or is there something I’m missing?

• Revanee@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Basically yes. You use *arr to find releases and make a copy with proper naming and metadata when a download finishes. On its own, that would not be great as you would double the size of everything. Except you use hard links. Those are kind of like shortcuts, but both the shortcut and original are the same thing. Both point to the same data on disk. In fact, they’re indistinguishable from each other. If you delete one, the data remains as there is another link pointing to it. If you delete both, the data gets deleted. Basically they are free copies. You just have to make sure your file system supports them

• coolie4@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        7 months ago

I’ve started reading the guide on the subject. So now my problem is that I have different zfs datasets separating my library, and I suspect hardlinks won’t work across them. So I’ll have to rethink how I organize my filesystem.

• Revanee@lemmy.one
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

Yep, hard links only work within the same filesystem. You can have multiple drives in raid that form a single partition and use hard links within the array.

• BitterSweetOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Couldn’t have said it much better myself. I think of hardlinks like backend and front end development offices.

The backend team has the data that frontend teams 1 & 2 use, but frontend team 3 isn’t in the same office (filesystem) as the backend team so they can’t access the data.

If frontend team 2 goes down, frontend team 1 still has access to the backend’s data

Writing new data: teams 1 and 2 go down then fuckit we can bulldoze backend and make a new backend for any new frontend teams.

• MigratingtoLemmy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Kavita is supposed to be the self-hosted automated manga downloader, unfortunately, their website seems to be down.

I believe FMD2 running in an OCI-compatible container with WINE underneath and Guacamole to present the app’s GUI should be a decent alternative, since I heard that FMD2 can auto-download new manga chapters/releases

• jecht360@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

I run Kavita on my TrueNAS Scale setup. I can’t really recommend it, but there’s not a lot of similar manga/comic self hosting servers out there.

It doesn’t have a feature to auto download manga though. It also won’t organize manga based on folder structure - it only goes by file name, which annoys me to no end since I have my library organized for use with Tachiyomi on my phone/tablet.

• DLSantini@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I haven’t touched or looked at anything manga-related in a while, but when I was looking at manga hosting solutions, I settled on Mango. If I remember correctly, I chose it specifically because it organizes based on the file/folder structure, including nested folders. So I can manually name and organize the files(my preference, as I never like the way any automated system does it), drop said files into the library folder, run a scan in Mango, and I’m good. Also has 3rd party plugins for downloads(a lot of which are hentai-related though, if I recall).

https://github.com/getmango/Mango

• MigratingtoLemmy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

What do you use for automated manga downloads? I’ll probably have to stick with FMD2, but development seems to be a bit slow

• jecht360@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

I don’t really have any automated manga download processes. I use Neko on my phone and tablet to download new chapters from Mangadex automatically. My manga library in Kavita is all completed series that I grab via torrents.