• iddqd404@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

I used to play Doom way back when it came out. I recently started re-playing it but in Linux using Zdoom, plus the Brutal Doom mod, and it still is one of the greatest things that happened to PC gaming.

• ed@battleangels.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

@otter @asklemmy Currently playing Batman Arkham Asylum which last had a save ~2009. Not a superhero fan really but the team who made this were on fire. It’s so well crafted, the design decisions and direction, very enjoyable.

• AmIConcious@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

Sekiro, Shadows die twice. Played it when it came out, played it again last two weeks. The hands don’t remember what the head does, it’s pretty hard again. Still my favorite from soft game.

• BenderFender@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

This is a great coincidence for me as I have been getting into retro gaming and emulation so I have been enjoying going back and playing games I loved as a kid on the GBA, Gamecube, and PS2. Tops right now are Simpsons Hit and Run, Pokemon Emerald, and Super Mario Strikers. It’s amazing how well older games can be emulated to the best versions you have ever played of them today.

• HouseWolf@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I recently 100%'d Need For Speed Most Wanted (2005)

I played that game as a kid on the PS2 but I was too bad to actually finish the game. It can get abit grindy towards the end but the driving feel and soundtrack alone is satisfying enough for it to not damped the fun for me.

• Otter@lemmy.caOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Oh nice, I remember a friend playing that years ago. I hear the games are now easy to get as abandonware?

• HouseWolf@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

You can find a cracked copy on most popular torrent sites, I’ve had an old copy saved for years.

Some of the PCs versions can be abit tricky to get running on newer systems at times unless you download 3rd party patches.

• Otter@lemmy.caOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I also played a game of Manhunt with friends last summer, and it was just as much fun as before. Only we had to pause part way through to discuss if getting on the bus or driving away was acceptable. Ultimately we decided that transit was ok, as long as you didn’t run in crowded areas

• Saigonauticon@voltage.vn
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 months ago

I occasionally replay Alien Legacy (1994). A flawed, but ambitious game of surprising scope. The original Civilization or Civ2. The original Deus Ex.

More recently? Sunless Sea is usually a fun replay.