Centrist take: If you can’t get a decent sear on a gas stove you need to learn how to cook.

• RememberTheApollo_@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    7 months ago

In a gas stovetop I make a beautiful pan-seared, oven cooked steak. And I’m liberal.

This steak has nothing to do with what it was prepared on, just the moron who ruined good food.

• CreativeShotgun@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

You see we do things like reading books and learning to do things like cooking food properly. Those concepts are for woke idjits from the snowflake generation.

I am a bit triggered at the waste of food though, shit looks nasty lol

• Agree the food comes out great on gas.

The problem now and the reason why the right is memeing about this is that the gas and stove industries have been lying for years and burning a gas stove in your home is poisonous to everyone in it with benzene gas.

• RememberTheApollo_@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

Yeah, I’ve seen that going around. I’ll wait until there’s some consensus from the scientific community that the use of gas for cooking is indeed bad for the majority of people and not just a problem for those with sensitivities or respiratory issues. We’ve been using gas in homes for such a long time that I don’t know if we could separate out any serious slow to appear negative health consequences from the background noise of all the other things that cause health problems like automotive exhaust and the like.