ChatGPT use declines as users complain about ‘dumber’ answers, and the reason might be AI’s biggest threat for the future::AI for the smart guy?

• Calimhero@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Writer here. Very sorry to contradict you, but this is absolute shit. It looks good on the surface, but that’s all.

• Sparking@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Yeah, while it’s cool that a computer can make a story, I have yet to see one that you would think was written by a human and would want to read.

• bitcrafter@lemmy.sdf.org
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I don’t know, this story is very reminiscent of the kind of thing my elementary school age cousin writes, but with a greater mastery of vocabulary and grammar. It’s not in any way great, bit it’s charming in it’s own way when held against that (low) standard.

• Kerfuffle@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Very sorry to contradict you, but this is absolute shit.

To be clear, I’m talking in relative terms. Would you argue that ChatGPT did a massively better job and didn’t write “absolute shit”?

It looks good on the surface, but that’s all.

From some of the stuff I’ve seen published, that might just be enough for certain people. I could even be that “certain people” from time to time, sometimes just the right theme, setting and some time to fill is sufficient.

• Gutless2615@ttrpg.network
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Why should we trust you? They’re plenty of shit writing out there that’s Good Enough to get paid.

• Kerfuffle@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Trust me, it’s not.

That’s a silly thing to say. Like I said, I could read something like that from time to time so you’re asking me to trust you over my own experience. People also post/publish fiction of varying quality all over the internet, and it gets read. I’ve seen worse writing than that with hundreds or thousands of reads.

Maybe you’re only talking about a publisher buying the work and publishing it but you never said anything like that. Even so, I’ve seen some books that were pretty bad so I’m not sure I’d trust you even there.