Many devices, one for the heart.

• @Mojimbo54321@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    175 months ago

The Google Pixel 4a!!! I finally had an OLED screen with better colors! Finally had 128gbs of storage. The size is perfect!!! Still use it as a car music player when there is no signal. We need more under 6 inch screen size phones!

• @BearOfaTime@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      35 months ago

Yep.

I’m actually upgrading to a Pixel 5 in a few weeks! Lol.

Great size, lighter than many, great specs, and I can run DivestOS on it. And it’s less than $150

• Trollivier
      link
      fedilink
      English
      15 months ago

That’s what I have too. Performance never dropped. I’ll keep until I have no other choice.

• The Pantser
    link
    fedilink
    English
    135 months ago

Essential phone was a huge flop but man was it a nice phone. Ignoring the poor radio issues it had everything you could want plus the ability to attach accessories like 360 camera. And it was almost perfect one hand use sized.

• @Ace0fBlades@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      55 months ago

Loved my essential. After moving to a OnePlus 7t pro when Essential died, I’m trying the Nothing phone 2 now and the design language feels very reminiscent of the essential. Just big, but apparently that’s unavoidable now :/

• MamboGator
    link
    fedilink
    English
    95 months ago

The Blackberry KeyOne. A tall touchscreen combined with the classic BB physical keyboard and running on Android. It was a great phone and I’d still be using it today if the battery didn’t die. I still haven’t adapted well to touchscreen keyboards.

• @atomWood@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      25 months ago

It’s really too bad Blackberry got out of the mobile phone market. They were the only large corporation I truly felt I could trust with my data.

• slazer2au
        link
        fedilink
        English
        25 months ago

Not really, they always complied with data handover to governments. The London Riots in the late 2000s early 2010s Blackberry handed over data of the rioters. In order to stay in the middle east they had to set up dedicated servers to comply with intercept legislation

• ivanafterall
      link
      fedilink
      95 months ago

My most-beloved would also probably be pre-2015. Miss the way you felt Blackberry boo.

• @variants@possumpat.io
      link
      fedilink
      English
      35 months ago

Nokia XpressMusic was the best, just realized they released a new version of it a few years ago but only in some countries

• Big P
      link
      fedilink
      English
      25 months ago

I think they’re looking for modern-ish phones rather than nostalgia about Nokias

• Chainweasel
    link
    fedilink
    English
    95 months ago

My Pixel 5.
    I can run GrapheneOS and I prefer the fingerprint reader on the back. And that style of fingerprint reader seems to work a lot better than the ones they put under the screen in the Pixel 6 and up.

• pingveno
      link
      fedilink
      45 months ago

I just upgraded to the Pixel 8 Pro when the Pixel 5 went out of official support. The screen fingerprint reader works fine. Where it is flawed is that it’s not as quick to unlock from the front. I’m looking forward to the greatly improved support period. Three years was ridiculously short. I know something like GrapheneOS is always an option, but I’m hesitant to do so when I don’t have a backup phone.

The Pixel 8 Pro has been treating me well. Great photos and video, snappy UI, good feature set. And it sounds like I’ll be getting feature drops for the next few years, so that’s nice. The battery life is good. I added on Peak Design’s case and mini tripod, so I can quickly set it up on a surface to take videos or make a video call.

• @codenul@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    75 months ago

Oneplus 6t. Still use it today, in fact typing this comment on it. Been great with custom Roms, has Android 13 on it with newest security updates installed (November 2023). Cost me $75. People look at me weirdd when i say that.

• atocci
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    5 months ago

My OnePlus 7 Pro! I used it for 3 years and I wouldn’t have changed phones if the battery was still able to get through the day. I got a Galaxy Fold 4 after it because wanted something without a hole punch camera, but it’s been nothing but trouble. It’s been mailed out for repair under warranty again for the second time in the year I’ve had it now, so I’m back to the 7 Pro, and it still holds up! I have Lineage OS on it now though because the last security patch OnePlus officially released is now over a year old.

• @Zak@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    65 months ago

I liked a lot about the Sony X Compact, especially the compactness. It had a headphone jack, SD card, unlockable bootloader, and dedicated button for the camera (with half-press to focus and meter like a real camera).

• @I_Am_Jacks_____@lemmings.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    65 months ago

Pixel phones. I’ve had the 2XL, 4a, 6 Pro, 7 Pro, and 8 Pro. Each one was better than the last. I know some people had manufacturing problems and the Pixel 3 had memory issues. But I’ve been lucky and never had issues. And the software experience is exactly what I want. Call Screening is awesome.

• Pistcow
    link
    fedilink
    English
    55 months ago

Note 8. I have the Galaxy 22 Ultra and the camera is defective and makes everything blurry. Plus removing SD card and headphone jack is some bullshit.

• @cm0002@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    55 months ago

The one I have now, the Pixel Fold. Folding tech isn’t perfect by any means, but damn if it isn’t nice to have a small tablet with you at all times not to mention foldy phone unique functionality, like laptop/tabletop mode or folding it like a book for reading (If only I could get a foldy device with an eink screen, it could be the perfect reading device lmao). The pixel unique features are nice too.

Ofc, there was a love before that, but prior to 2015. The Motorola Backflip, damn I wish they would release a modern version of that one :( not the best keyboard to type on, but it was a physical keyboard none the less

• Tarquinn2049
      link
      fedilink
      English
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Yeah, I’m on a Samsung fold 4 at the moment, definitely gonna be a Fold user for life unless something even better comes along. Can’t go back.

I don’t know if my galaxy active 4 was before or after 2015, but I loved that thing mostly for the style and the removable battery. Nice to just swap in a fully charged battery and continue on not being tethered to a charger. I got it in whatever they officially called the turquoisey color that year. Usually they were just called “blue” despite very much not being blue, ever. The back panel was so pretty.

https://images.app.goo.gl/xHjrG4nX83Qw4hNeA

Edit: looks like it was released in 2013, but… I still had it until around 2017… so it still counts right? Ah wells, I’m gonna pick it anyway, you can’t stop me!

Edit 2: please don’t stop me.