• katy ✨@lemmy.blahaj.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

he’s not wrong. the migration of the queer community from twitter to threads is great plus i had a great time talking about doctor who over the weekend, it genuinely felt like twitter 2010 again. ive never had that much engagement from mastodon so if federation from threads to mastodon can keep that up, it will be a win win for all users.

• vanquesse@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

if a mastodon instance was fine with hosting libsoftiktok it would swiftly be defederated for lack of moderation by a large amount of instances. No questions asked. No debate. Why is this any different? Do the rules somehow not apply when we’re dealing with facebook?

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        7 months ago

Mastodon does host Truth Social and Gab; they’re defederated because there’s a proven track record of harassment not just because “big company bad”.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

Indeed. We don’t even need to talk about EEE or past genocide enabling behavior from facebook. The lack of moderation of threads is plenty reason to defederate. My sanity is valuable enough that I won’t see for myself, but it sure seems like “@libsoftiktokofficial” on threads is the “real deal”.

link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

you mean the account that was created and last posted 22 weeks ago so they can immediately get their post taken down and go whine on twitter about the moderation?

yeah no moderation.

link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 months ago

You got me to click the link. There is still plenty of transphobic statements on that account, and they’ve been up for 22+ weeks. I very much doubt that nobody has bothered to report those posts, so I’ll assume facebook is fine with a level of transphobia that is enough to make my day worse even by just skimming for 30 sec.

link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                7 months ago

they were literally reported when the account came on initially which is WHY they went back to twitter.

any my threads timeline is literally the gayest and trans positive timeline of all my social accounts.

i mean people’s biggest complaint about insta and threads is the over moderation.

link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  7 months ago

And I’m saying that there’s very obvious transphobic statements still visible on the most obvious account to check. If facebook doesn’t even bother properly clean up after libsoftiktok then I have no faith in their moderation of less overt transphobia from nobodies.