What cool things have you guys found? I’ve done a cursory exploration of the whole place, going from light root to light root, but haven’t spent a lot of time looking at details etc.

• Bleeping Lobster@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Pretty much anything significant in the overworld has an equivalent in the depths, they really went far with that mechanic! I haven’t stumbled across a single lynel yet but apparently there’s one underneath each stable.

• local_taxi_fix@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This has been the coolest thing for me. Realizing the shrines line up, then any water, then the entire heightmap. It feels really rewarding to figure that stuff out then use it to navigate new areas you haven’t unlocked yet based on what’s in the overworld.

• Tolookah
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Early on I had a lynel play murderball with me while exploring the depths. They’re down there.

• goddamnpipes@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I didn’t know this about lynels being under stables. So I checked my map, as I had marked each lynel I encountered in the depths, and you’re right! Each one is directly under a stable!

• Susaga@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

There’s a bargainer statue underneath every significant goddess statue. The small ones don’t count.

• Borg286@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The height map is reversed, so mountains become valleys. Rivers and lakes become impassable walls.

Do the great fairy fountains correspond to anything?

• FlagonOfMe@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Not going to post any of the really cool things that I consider spoilers, but here are some other things I’ve noticed which no one has posted yet.

The names of the lightroots are the names of the shrines backwards.

Every little mine has one chest, usually containing 20 crystalized charges, but sometimes a unique item. They are easy to see on the map.

Big monster lairs are easy to spot on the map, too, once you get used to their appearance.

Groves of trees (the little star-shaped dark trees on the map) very often contain a giant hollow tree stump with a chest in it. You can learn to recognize these tree stumps on the map.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

After pretty much fully exploring the Depths, I must have found 10 Old Maps where I already had the treasure. Thankfully, the game recognizes this and doesn’t waste your time by placing an X on the map.

• evergreenemily@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Huh, all the Old Maps I’ve found so far have led me to treasure chests in various mines. Had no idea they could lead anywhere else!

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

I’m not sure I said anything otherwise. All of the Old Maps lead to the Depths. Many are in mines, and some are in groves, but all are in the Depths.

• Paradoxvoid@aussie.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

One cool thing (that not everyone immediately groks) is that each lightroot corresponds to a shrine on the surface (and vice versa) - really useful if you’re looking for some out-of-the-way shrines, and you’ve done some mapping of the area in the depths already.