• chandz05@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Owned all 3, and can confirm they’re all super reliable and, depending on models, super fun drives

• Sabre363@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Based purely on personal experience, Honda is generally far more reliable than Toyota. Mazdas are very hit or miss and Subaru, while fun as hell to drive and work on, are probably the least reliable of the Japanese manufacturers. But they are all excellent options compared to everything else.

• ChapulinColorado@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

As a Subaru owner, I can sort of agree they are not the most reliable after 100-120k, but at least they feel solid and are generally fixable when compared some Korean or American models that cost more to fix than buying another one.

Also, I am not sure how reliable Nissan is now, but they took a big dive in both reliability and build quality from around the 2010s their cars felt like cheap plastic. My 1998 Nissan Sentra outlasted my cousin’s 2005 (and 98 was already not as good as earlier 2000s models).

• SokathHisEyesOpen@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

Ironically, my Chevy has been way more reliable than my wife’s Honda. They’re both the same year, and about the same mileage too. Actually, I think my Chevy has more mileage now, since we usually drive that, when we go out together.

• PP_GIRL_@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

score highly on consumer reports

Subaru

JD Powers rated #1 for head gasket failure twenty years in the running.

The boxer engine is a fundamentally flawed configuration.