I am aware that the use of such source is frowned upon. Nonetheless, the elonjettracker dude got busted from X© and now has his own sub. Interesting content to say the least, and it does help put things into perspective. Also i hope Lemmy implements flairs as a feature, this post could thus use a discussion flair, to signal that such content is up for debate.

• drkt@feddit.dk
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

All token efforts, given that airplanes broadcast ID and anyone can receive it.

• kingthrillgore@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I’m certain the legislation wouldn’t block Flightaware (which already blocks requests for fucknugget’s plane) but any ADS-B

• drkt@feddit.dk
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

How would you block any ADS-B? ADS-B is broadcast by the airplane itself and can be received and decoded by literally anyone.

• ramjambamalam@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 months ago

Yup, I forget the name of the most popular model, but all you need is a little software‐defined radio (SDR) for like $10.

• Fleamo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

“Have more kids to save the culture” seems 100% at odds with saving the planet, as does expending 51 tons of CO2 to make the statement.

If everyone lived like Elon the planet would be ruined and the only hope would be colonizing Mars…but there’s no way to get everyone off the planet, especially if we have 11 kids each.

I just don’t see a coherent ideology except “save the planet long enough for me to off it.”

• BottleOfAlkahest@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

He probably doesn’t think, deep down, that everyone should have 11 kids, or at least not thatceveryones 11 kids should be saved. Just the special (i.e. rich), elite (i.e. rich), and exceptional (i.e. rich) people.

• silence7@slrpnk.netM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Musk justifies his large number of children by appealing to a false conspiracy theory about whites being replaced by minorities. It’s not pretty.

• Eatspancakes84@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 months ago

I never understand how the great replacement theory is supposed to work in an immigrant nation like the US. Don’t most Americans trace back to another place 2-3 generations back? Also, aren’t most immigrants (those from Latin America) 1. More likely to have (some) native roots, and 2. Likely to have settled in the Americas for a longer time (I.e. more generations).

That is, Americans are getting “replaced” by people that are more American.

• Telorand@reddthat.com
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            6 months ago

Your problem is you’re thinking logically. The people who subscribe to conspiracy theories like that either aren’t skeptical enough to grasp how irrational it is or know it’s bullshit and see it as a tool to push their fascist agenda.

Accepting that the US is a nation of immigrants means the American Fundamentalist religion is false, and the faithful can’t allow that.

• Seleni@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 months ago

Yes, but those ‘more American’ people aren’t white. And that’s what matters to these chucklefucks. Never mind that they replaced the natives (violently) in the first place.

So really, what they fear is people doing to them what they did to others.

• Maëlys@slrpnk.netOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 months ago

meh, i doubt so. The french has this Zemmour dude that keep bringing this up all the time, i hope they see through it too. For immigrants, France is just a transit zone.

• Eatspancakes84@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 months ago

I never understand how the great replacement theory is supposed to work in an immigrant nation like the US. Don’t most Americans trace back to another place 2-3 generations back? Also, aren’t most immigrants (those from Latin America) 1. More likely to have (some) native roots, and 2. Likely to have settled in the Americas for a longer time (I.e. more generations).

That is, Americans are getting “replaced” by people that are more American.

• RememberTheApollo_@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Maybe there’s an unspoken “Have more Italian children so we don’t lose out to immigrants” in there? After his publicity stunt going to the US southern border it’s certainly a possibility.

• some_guy@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

We’re overpopulated, but fuck it. I hate condoms. I’m a rich asshole. I’ll have eleven kids.

• iAvicenna@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I mean “I am a rich asshole” is way better than what is potentially going on in Elon’s head. Based on his character, it is more likely that he thinks he is the biggest genius Earth has ever seen and that he is doing the world a favor by reproducing.

• Mandy@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Every day im thankfull for connect, cause I can block words and I have to see anything elongated muskrat on here less and less

Blocking words is the bomb

• Maëlys@slrpnk.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

i am using connect, and running the same word filter too lol was afraid this post wouldn’t reach enough people 😭 First 30 upvotes make me feel like a superstar thou 🤣

• Mandy@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Very nice

Personally I started posting one music track a day but eventually stopped cause the funny little number was so random sometimes and when I asked what people disliked I never once got an answer? So I just…stopped.

• Maëlys@slrpnk.netOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          6 months ago

Lemmy has good quality content but also not as addictive as other platforms. Also the audience is maybe more mature, techy and less artsy. You should still keep posting though, your posts will be recognized years later in the future. Luckely the internet doesn’t forget.

• Mandy@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 months ago

Thanks for the headsup, but i have been around the block for a while as they say.

One of the first things the internet does, is forget, the people that usually arent are the one I want to actually do so.

I usually dont post for a future that has almost never happened since I have used the internet, so I dont have much incentive to use it as a reason now.

• Maëlys@slrpnk.netOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              6 months ago

Shocking reality sometimes. Personally i got disappointed when i tried to look for engagement in the wrong places, sometimes you need to ‘feel’ the people out and see if your interests fit them or not, or you can try to find a middleground between you and them, maybe this sound too ‘incel’ from me but sometimes internet is the best place to find like-minded people, all while keeping real life in mind. As proven above, i keep using an unpopular app among lemmies, but i dont really take the sentiment to heart: i try to pick the jewel from the garbage, and then share it with my favourite people, i get confirmation, then i profit! i even use trash apps like tiktok and Zuccapp but luckely i could hide behind a DNS if i dont want to be tracked, then i freeze those apps when i am done. The internet now is more addictive than ever, i hope no one get caught into it much. So you are handling this as it should ^^