• protist@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

John V. Walsh seems to have a boner for everything China and Russia, and a hate boner for the US. Apparently the US is even responsible for Russia’s invasion of Ukraine

• protist@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

What coup? Yanukovich was removed by the democratically-elected Ukrainian Parliament in a floor vote after he fled the country. Ukrainians are the ones who did all of this. What do you think the US did? I know what Russia did, starting here:

The protests were sparked by President Viktor Yanukovych’s sudden decision not to sign the European Union–Ukraine Association Agreement, instead choosing closer ties to Russia and the Eurasian Economic Union. Ukraine’s parliament had overwhelmingly approved of finalizing the Agreement with the EU, but Russia had put pressure on Ukraine to reject it.

• non-diegetic screams@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              edit-2
              1 year ago

Still waiting for a description of US involvement from someone.

Dawg it’s in the fucking Wikipedia article. Your own side admits U$ involvement in the Maidan.

How do you not know your own lines?

*You got banned so I can’t see your replies in the grad. It’s in the “revolution of dignity” wiki article.

• 201dberg@lemmygrad.ml
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                edit-2
                1 year ago

They would get reprimanded by their superior officer for admitting it. They probably have a list on their cubicle wall of what they are and are not allowed to say.

• ComradeSalad@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              1 year ago

The Nuland call where they discuss who their pick for the leader of Ukraine is, and the operations they are undertaking to put them into power.

You’re a fucking moron. Willingly ignorant, or purposefully cruel. 5 minutes of research could answer your question.

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                1 year ago

But researching doesn’t allow them to write ridiculous comments online about stuff they have no idea about

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

Curious they removed him when the choices he was making were beneficial for Ukraine and prevented the other countries in the west from exerting more influence on Ukraine. Almost like the west didn’t like Ukraine going their own path and decided to replace him with their puppet, the clown, Zelensky.

• protist@mander.xyz
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            1 year ago

The choice Yanukovich made was in direct contradiction with what the democratically-elected Ukrainian Parliament had been “overwhelmingly” working toward. You think Yanukovich unilaterally scrapping that work, ignoring the will of the Ukrainian people, and reorienting toward Russia was beneficial, so how was it beneficial?

• redtea@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

but Russia had put pressure on Ukraine to reject it.

I can’t go into a Pizza Hut without being upsold garlic bread. Of course Russia pressured Ukraine to accept deals in it’s favour.

Do you think Russia was the only one putting pressure on Ukraine to sign an agreement? Forget about all the rest of it for a minute: do you really think the US and EU abstain from making any attempts to ‘encourage’ others to sign their agreements?

The NATO alliance turned prosperous Libya to rubble for the mere suggestion that it would start trading in is own currency.

(PS Don’t worry everyone, I don’t really go to pizza hut! The local pizza place has compromising photos of me and the one that pizza hut has of me shitting on a certain famous portrait just doesn’t scare me as much. Release it, I tell them, you can’t scare me into buying a salad bowl.)

• protist@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Fox News is pretty pro-Russia and often anti-US foreign policy these days, you’re pretty far off base

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 year ago

It’s more because you defend the fascistic Ukraine with racist and nationalistic polices

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              1 year ago

Let me guess, you support the European fascists who let western imperialist powers in, right to the footsteps of Russia and let far-right imperialists start their biolabs in said fascist country

• protist@mander.xyz
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                1 year ago

Russia is far right lol

I’m concerned you think Russia is still communist based on your post history…

• appel@whiskers.bim.boats
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Whether or not they are responsible, they are still funding it and providing arms. I don’t see any boner in the article, in my opinion it is argued well and without bias. This provocation is good for absolutely no one (apart from maybe the leading political powers and military industrial lobby). If something like this goes off, it will just mean death and destruction across the globe. To me, it seems like this is caused by the US’ exceptionalism. They feel they can put military bases wherever they want, regardless of how it affects those areas. Surely, that is not fair.