Hope it’s not too harsh for you guys

• WashedOver@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

In Vancouver we don’t know that kind of cold. Wet and damp cold yes, but it’s been a unusually warmer winter. Low 50s even for Xmas and not at much rain and hardly any snow for local mountains.

Now it’s down to low 10s F it’s bloody super cold for us. With the wind chill it has been down to -10F. Not breaking your car quite yet but you don’t want to be out and about for too long without one. Usually the couple of days we get snow here it’s chaos and the major routes are a mess. It was just as bad the one day we did get some during the cold snap and it wasn’t even the wet and heavy stuff we normally get.

I usually go for short walks daily but not during these days - 10F days. We are warming up to near 32F for highs and I’m thinking this is probably nice BBQ weather for Edmonton now.

It seems all relative. I was down in Arizona this past winter. It was one of the coolest ones they had in Yuma and the day time temperatures were reaching high 60s to low 70s during the day with a lot of sun. I thought I was in heaven for winter. The locals were so disappointed.

Mind you at one point it was snowing in California, northern AZ, Phoenix, Tuscan, NM, and Texas while I was in a sun pocket so they may have had something to complain about but I would still take their dry and warm during the day over my normal wet and soggy days.