• SaintWacko@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I’m thinking about getting a base S24 as my next phone, since it’s the only “small” phone that has a zoom lens and good cameras. I’ve been using Pixels since the original, though, so I’m a little worried about switching

• henfredemars@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

I’ve gone between the two brands. Samsung strikes me as a little visually complicated whereas Pixel is cleaner and the point with its design choices. Connect ADB and you can disable all of the apps that come with the Samsung if you wish. Don’t really prefer OneUI, though it felt snappier with the Snapdragon.

With that said, I enjoyed my Samsung overall, and I’m enjoying my Pixel. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed, but if I were you, I would reflect on how I feel about a little bit more clutter. It’s in the details, like having two account sign in areas for both your Samsung and your Google accounts. Two app stores. The price and stress of more choices.

If you intend to own the device for a long time, consider that you have much better aftermarket solutions on Pixel because Google releases more, higher quality code and drivers makes your ROM devs life much easier. Fewer bugs for you in the aftermarket. You can only run GrapheneOS on a Pixel.

• SaintWacko@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

What I think just made the decision for me is that Samsung’s new AI tools can only be used through the Samsung Gallery app, and I use Google Photos. Guess I’ll be sticking with Pixels