• De_Narm@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Those increasingly popular substitutes mimicking meat as closely as possible. I don’t want to second guess everything I eat and honestly, I don’t think any of them are tasty. I liked things more when they did their own stuff.

Now, I know I’m not the target audience. They help other people to reduce their meat intake or even to switch completely and that is great and all, but I’m still sad about the good stuff disappearing.

• weastie@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

That’s fair, as someone who went vegan recently I quite enjoy a couple meat substitutes. I imagine someone who’s been vegan for a while doesn’t care for them much though.

I really like impossible ground beef and its derivatives (meatballs, burgers). This has been my main way of convincing my friends they could maybe go vegan, all but one of my really picky friends still enjoy these. But the vast majority of vegan imitation meats I don’t care much for.

• cabhan
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I do like a lot of meat alternatives, but I was at a restaurant a while back where they had a non-Beyond Meat veggie burger. And it was super good! I feel like it’s becoming a lost art, though :(.

My dad is the opposite: he wants every restaurant to only offer Beyond Meat burgers. He loves them.

• Guntrigger@feddit.ch
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Where did l the bean burgers go? It used to be the go to veggie option for places serving burgers and some were delicious. Now it’s all fake meat patties and halloumi.

• De_Narm@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Yes, I miss my bean burgers! There used to be a great black bean burger I could get around here, but it did disappear and I can’t recreate it.