• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    vor 20 Tagen

She’s probably alive because she’s already cut a deal with the narcos. I believe over a dozen other candidates were gunned down, along with some family members. I doubt that her and her family managed to get out of all that from simple luck.

• ColeSloth
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        vor 20 Tagen

She’s a shadow puppet of the last president, and he didn’t do anything to stop the narcos or the murders. Why would you think she’s different?

• jwt@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          vor 20 Tagen

You have deduced incorrectly that I have any thought about her whatsoever. I’m merely pointing out that your reasoning is flawed and therefore invalid.

• ColeSloth
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            vor 20 Tagen

Ok. How do you think it’s flawed? The drug lords literally killed over a dozen other candidates, the current president was looking the other way on their business, and this woman worked with that president and is known to have similar views.

So where’s the flaw, my guy?

• jwt@programming.dev
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              vor 20 Tagen

She is still alive so she must’ve made a deal with the drugs cartel is a classic “Post hoc ergo propter hoc” fallacy. It is all speculation.

• ColeSloth
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                vor 20 Tagen

Well of course it’s speculation. It doesn’t make it untrue or very unlikely, though. It’s just not a certainty. What is a certainty was that a dozen+ candidates were murdered, but there weren’t any attempts of her or her family.

• jwt@programming.dev
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  vor 20 Tagen

What is a certainty was that a dozen+ candidates were murdered, but there weren’t any attempts of her or her family.

This means precisely nothing, as explained by the fallacy mentioned before.

It doesn’t make it untrue or very unlikely, though

But you called it ‘probably’ though, which is on the complete other end of the spectrum from ‘very unlikely’… (aside from it being very unlikely to me, if all I have to go on is unrelated events, someone not being dead, and nothing else)