• unexposedhazard
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

People arent actually thaat tolerant to this cancer. If they arent careful people will switch.

OrganicMaps (or Osmand) is all i need usually. Search is kind of bad sometimes and obviously no live traffic data, but if you dont drive a car, the latter one at least is irrelevant.

• Mothra@mander.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

I’ve tried Osmand and my only complaint is that you need to tap and access too many menus to set up and/or exit navigation mode. Last time I tried it was last year, not sure if that’s changed

• Klaymore@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Yeah, I used it a couple years ago, and for walking especially it seemed really cool, since it has all sorts of extra data like slopes and benches or whatever. But there are a whole ton of settings everywhere, which is cool that you can customise everything but also a bit of a mess. Definitely more for power users it seems.

• unexposedhazard
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Havent used osmand in a while so i cant say, but with organicmaps its pretty simple. Just select from/to and press start. It also has proper support for TTS now and android auto i believe (dont actually know what that does).

One thing i love is being able to enter lots of intermediate stops for a route which makes it reroute automatically.