Apologies for the stupid and unnecessary censoring. I didn’t make this.

• unexposedhazard
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

I would argue the value distribution is not even tho. Im sure his iconic “motherfucker” and the movies in which he used it have contributed disproportionally more to this success. 🤓

• MiltownClowns@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Your showing your confirmatuon bias. Marvel earnings weigh heavily in his total box office haul and he didnt swear in any of them. I think we’re gonna need more graphs, to really get to the true value of the motherfucker.

• atomicorange@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Would he have been cast for his Marvel role if he never said “motherfucker” in previous iconic roles? It’s impossible to detangle the impact of motherfucker from his success. If we could quantify the value of every word prior to his first on-screen motherfucker, and compare with his post-motherfucker value-per-word that might help support the hypothesis that motherfuckers are worth more.

• FiniteBanjo@lemmy.today
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

NGL when I watched the Robocop remakes I was waiting for him to get mad and say it and I was disappointed every time his scenes ended until finally on the last one he did it, I was excited to say the least.