• knatschus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Extort lol. Some people want to stay at the same place forever those buy, some want to be flexible and rent. Money is used as an exchange for provided work.

I dislike capitalism and greed aswell but you are something else my dude.

But yeah keep dragging allies in the mud my father is basicly a oil company

• Viking_Hippie@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Some people want to stay at the same place forever those buy, some want to be flexible and rent

Yeah, that’s bullshit. It’s a MUCH better deal to buy than to rent and everyone knows it. Most of us just don’t have enough money at once or a high enough income to be granted the requisite loans.

In the two decades plus change since I moved from home, I’ve paid as much in rent as someone richer would have paid to own a house several times the size of my apartment in the same neighborhood. I’ve paid as much but I don’t get to own what I paid for and even generate passive wealth that I could pass down to later generations if I had kids.

TL;DR: if you’re renting, you’re getting a bad deal and so is your kids and their kids and their kids and…

• usualsuspect191@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

It’s still a better deal to rent on shorter timescales.

I’d have to run the math again but because of things like realtor/legal fees (speaking of leeches, realtors are the absolute worst) last I checked it was in the 2-3 years range where renting made more sense than buying. That depends on the market too of course. Any significant repair costs or depreciation in that time makes the break-even point a bit longer, shorter if the value goes up enough.

• Viking_Hippie@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

Yeah, the whole moving every 3 years or less? That’s ALSO something that most people can’t afford.

You’re sounding like you’re very much arguing from a place of privilege that you aren’t conscious of. And no, realtors aren’t the worst leeches, that’s still landlords.

• JCreazy@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

I knew a guy that said he would never buy a house and preferred renting because he didn’t want to mow and other maintenance.

• Clent@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

People who think they are allies but are actually part of the problem are worse than those who do not pretend. Those who pretend will expect their carve out to be protected.

• Clent@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

There is no gray line. People who exploit others via landlording only vary in how much property they own.

There is no nuance. One either does or does not lord over land. Every landlord justifies their participation in their own way.

No one is born a landlord. It’s a choice.

No one is born a landlord sympathizer. It’s a choice.

Being an ally requires one avoid specific choices. At any time one can sell their property and become an ally.

Those claiming their situation is an exception are the ones arguing for purity.

• knatschus
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

I bet you have money in your wallet. A true communist would already live without it! See you in the line at the wall i guess May the ones who shoots have good aim

• Clent@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

I see. You’re confused. We’re talking about landlords not communism.

Somehow this confusion is my fault. That’s precious.