List your favorite games that can be played on integrated graphics (no dedicated gpu, like for laptops and such…)

• yukichigai@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Yeah, we’d need to know the gpu or even vague specs on the laptop to give a good answer.

Even assuming that OP is talking about Intel Integrated Graphics that’s still a huge range depending on which series it is.

• Rentlar@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

At one point I tried running Halo Infinite on my gaming laptop from late 2020 with the dedicated graphics card disabled, and the AMD APU did run it at 55fps on low to medium settings in a 4 on 4, surprisingly.

There’s a big gulf between that type of computer and your barebones “works for office use.” An older laptop I had rocked an AMD E1-1200. In 2015 I got to play League of Legends at 10fps with minimum settings. Strangely, Windows 8.1 runs faster on it than the other i5-7200U laptop I replaced it with later on Windows 10.

• yukichigai@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

I said this elsewhere, but without knowing what specific integrated graphics card you’re using (e.g. Intel HD 4000 series) it’s hard to give specific recommendations. Generally though there’s a range of things that will work:

• Any game released 7±ish years before the laptop was manufactured.

• Most 2D games released 4±ish years before the laptop was manufactured.

• Anything that has an Android/iOS version.

• Emulated games for anything from 2 console generations ago or more (e.g. OG Xbox, Playstation 2). Also the PC releases of those games (e.g. Knights of the Old Republic)

• Marshland9941@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Look on Steam for Steam Deck Verified and Steam Deck Playable titles. Start there and see what your integrated graphics are capable of. If it’s a recently purchased laptop with an AMD APU in it, you should be able to play just about any Steam Deck Verified or Playable game, most likely with reduced settings and resolution.

• KaRunChiy@kbin.run
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Celeste, Enter the Gungeon, Nuclear Throne, FTL, Minecraft with optimization mods and low draw distance, Guilty gear Xrd. Really, if it’s 2D it should be fine. Oh, and Hollow Knight sometimes, it depends on the igpu model if it likes it or not

• Scio@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

If an APU counts, pretty much everything these days. The Steam Deck, even with its now “old” APU just keeps on steaming ahead!

Caveats: HD or lower. Sometimes at 30fps for big fancy AAA games.

• I_Clean_Here@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Be specific, dude. Anything “can be played” on some sort of integrated graphics setup, depending on wtf we are talking about.

• B0NK3RS@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Integrated graphics have improved massively so what are we talking? 5600G or HD 630 can play GTA V for example.