• Serinus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Who really wants to use Excel to figure out if the 24-pack of Coca-Cola or the 3 12 packs is a better deal?

• Norgur@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I don’t need to, there’s a legal requirement to print prices per liter or kg on every price tag here.

• Gork@lemm.eeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Does this requirement exist for toilet paper? Because I don’t know what the hell is considered a better deal based on all the marketing.

• Norgur@fedia.io
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Sadly, no. Paper towels and toilet paper are evil. Different sizes rolls with different amounts of sheets with different layers with different prices.

• HopFlop
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

But if you want to buy only half a kg, you don’t know how much it costs (if you dont know basic maths)- because it only lists the price for a full kg. Do you start pulling out your Excel for that?

• Norgur@fedia.io
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Every offer lists how much per kg that offer is. So I do not need any calculations to see which offer is cheaper at all. Why would the price per kilo become useless of I only buy half a Kilo?

• Serinus@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

Because one is on sale, and they didn’t update the sale price. Or, alternatively, because you don’t want to be an idiot that can’t do basic math.

• HopFlop
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

You don’t know how much you need to pay for it if you only know the price of 1kg but you buy half a kilo.