Jerry Seinfeld’s wife funding agitators

• Karyoplasma
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Probably just the alibi wife for official appearances.

• girlfreddy@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Jerry supports Israel as well.

Seinfeld expressed support for Israel during the Israel–Hamas war, saying “I will always stand with Israel and the Jewish people.”[80] Seinfeld and his family traveled to Israel on December 18, 2023, and visited Be’eri where the Be’eri massacre by Hamas took place over two months prior on October 7. Seinfeld also visited the headquarters of Abducted and Missing Families Forum, wearing a support DogTag for the abductees around his neck. He met with representatives of the families and with abductees who returned from Hamas captivity, and listened to their stories.[81] In a previous visit to Israel he had taken part in an “anti-terrorism” tourist camp to simulate arresting Palestinians and visited an illegal settler camp.[1] [2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Seinfeld

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

“I will always stand with Israel and the Jewish people.”

So will I, Jerry. That’s one of the many reasons why I am against this war. It makes the world think that Jews are murderers. Why are you okay with that? I’m Jewish too, Jerry. I’m tired of people associating me with Israel and judging me because of it, aren’t you?

• Siegfried@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Anti terrorism tourist camp to simulate arresting palestinians?.. I think we where too slow to call this mess a genocide

• xmunk@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

While it shouldn’t be illegal unless its for specific reasons (like directly supplying arms) it’s extremely fair to judge people’s for the movements they’re supporting. I hope they get called out and shunned for their actions - especially if they continue their financial support after seeing the violence it funded.

• xmunk@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

I’d say that might sound good in this particular case but could end up being an absolutely awful precedent to set. Do you want someone arrested for donating 10 bucks to a pro-choice charity that helps drive people from red states to blue states and technically breaks some dumb ass evangelical law?

I think it’s important to realize that it’s a good idea to not legally punish people for supporting a cause (with limits on things that actively support violence). Most of us on lemmy don’t live either majority party opinion.

• taiyang@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Idk why but I’m reminded of the episode of Seinfeld with the Jewish old guys with the concentration camp number tattoos. I forgot the punchline but pretty sure it involved an awkward exchange and misunderstanding about them.

I guess I thought about that because I imagine Jerry would have friends (or at least family friends) who were there when Israel was founded. No surprise Jessica would be involved.

• gedaliyah@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Any word yet on who bought all those matching tents and construction materials for the pro-Palestine encampments?

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Probably the cheapest tents they could find. Ozark trail at Walmart. Or something similar.

I mean, there’s a solid chance that tent is going to get destroyed by cops.

I wouldn’t bring my good back country tent to a protest… no way no how .

• gedaliyah@lemmy.worldM
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            2 months ago

I think it’s unlikely that dozens and kids bought the exact same tent in the exact same color at the exact same time without coordination. I’ll let someone more capable than myself calculate the statistics on that.

• Corkyskog@sh.itjust.works
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

Right. You throw money into a pool, and send a few kids to buy all the tents. Why would they all go? Why would they get different tents? You would want them all to be as similar as possible so there is no jealousy.

• Shyfer@ttrpg.network
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

Or one of them collected a fund and went out and bought a bunch of the cheapest ones they could find? The pro-Palestine lobby doesn’t exist and have billions of dollars behind it like the pro-Israel one. Your conspiracy is barking up the wrong tree. Even homeless people in LA can afford tents, let alone students joining an expensive university.

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

There are hundreds of kids protesting.

A cheap tent on Amazon is like $35. Every individual there can probably afford their own. Or their parents can help.

Even if it was donated… why do you think random people on the internet are even going to know?

• gedaliyah@lemmy.worldM
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            2 months ago

This is a discussion about who is funding campus protests. Why would you think it’s unusual that ask a question like this?

• FuglyDuck@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              2 months ago

Just because one side gets outside funding doesn’t mean the other side does. If they’re getting funding, it’s probably a go fund me or something like that. Lots of smaller people,

You’re acting like it’s some big conspiracy when the reality is most college kids could afford the tent and food for a week. Your entire line of questioning is a whataboutism.