• helenslunch@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Nothing in any of these links indicate that Ford is not profitable.

There’s no reason to lie about these things, as Ford’s financials are publicly available.

• dogslayeggs@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

This dude is just a Toyota fanboy. He literally said there is no reason to ever buy any other vehicle than a Toyota.

He also said that the manual Tacoma is more fuel efficient than the hybrid Maverick, so he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• PP_GIRL_@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Toyota fanboy

I honestly hate a lot of Toyotas and Japanese cars in general. Very sterile, boring, but their reliability and repairability is just a known fact, which is why I would only recommend the brand to people who only need a car as an appliance. I am an unapologetic fanboy of vintage Volvos though.

He literally said there is no reason to ever buy any other vehicle than a Toyota.

I said that I’d never recommend anything maker other than Toyota for a new car buyer, which I wouldn’t. There are no other makers right now with as strong of offerings as Toyota left. Some makers have competitive models, but no brand has as solid of a reputation.

Also wrong about the second part, I said that the stick Tacoma was more fuel efficient than the automatic, which I’ll admit is not the case anymore

• PersnickityPenguin@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Japanese cars were great in the 1990s, and phenomenal in the '80s, but now not so much. American automotive manufacturers have generally cut up with Japanese automakers in technology and reliability. Can be a lot more exciting too.