• Telodzrum@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Fine message, but if you have 33 words on your protest sign you’re really missing the mark.

• Mouselemming@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

At least they got the words neatly written and balanced on the cardboard, and the fists are drawn better than on your average cardboard sign.

• Telodzrum@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

Facts. The amount of horribly, illegibly scrawled messages you see at protests. Luckily the worst offenders don’t tend to make it onto social media, understandably.

• Telodzrum@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

You’re making a sign, not writing the abstract to a political science paper. You get like a dozen syllables, max.

• UrPartnerInCrime@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

Maybe when we didn’t have phones to constantly take photos, but you could literally take a picture of many “too long” signs and read them at your own pace.

• spujb@lemmy.cafe
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 month ago

literally! the internet and photo sharing has become so important to activism and protest

this account is either a silly troll or is choosing to die on a very short and soggy hill

• UrPartnerInCrime@sh.itjust.works
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              1 month ago

As I just did with the post yes. Someone took a picture of the sign to look at later, and I enjoyed it.

Now imagine taking a picture of a bunch of signs at once.

Edit: it’s like, you can go to a museum and take a picture of a long description then go sit down nearby. I like looking at things but your boys got back problems haha

• fosho@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 month ago

am I the only one who counted? it’s only 25. you could have used the real number you lazy ass.

• spujb@lemmy.cafe
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 month ago

internet users be like, i can’t read anything longer than a short tweet actually

edit: also ignoring that this poster made it to the internet and got >1k reads and counting on one platform alone. 😛 epitome of nitpicking the unnecessary

• Mango@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Meanwhile someone else is upvoted for “If your beliefs fit on a sign, think harder.”