Hi there, what tools do you use to share your bookmarks for example between your devices eg. smartphone / laptop / desktop?

I could youse firefox sync, but I am not so much conviced as I don´t want to host it on FF servers. Plus on my business device I am using chromium.

Does anybody have experience with linkwarden?

Cheers

• linuxPIPEpower
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      29 days ago

I used to use floccus and the thing I really liked is you can selectively share bookmark groups. So if you have certain links you want everywhere you can do that, but some sets you might only want in in specific browsers. I do not know if the others that have this.

Stopped using it because of unresolvable problems and not much Dev attention but looks like its picked up again so I plan to get back to it.

• MoLoPoLY
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    29 days ago

If you can selfhost, you can try my SyncMarks AddOn. It will work on any webextension compatible browser, e.g Firefox, Chrome, Chromium, Edge, Brave, Kiwi and so on. You can sync across all Browsers.

The backend is working with selfhosted PHP/MySQL (or SQLITE) stack. If you can’t use this, you can fallback to WebDAV as backend, but with limited functionality.

The addon can work together with the standard sync mechanisms in all these browsers, but it’s up to you if you want that.

If the addon is not installed, you can access the backend url with any browser and use it as WebApp. With apps like Tasker or HTTPShortcuts, you can share any url, from any to the backend.

• Deckweiss@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    29 days ago

I use Linkwarden, but it has a lot more features than what you’re asking for.

So far I like it a lot. Especially the archiving features for when a site you’ve bookmarked goes down.

• peregus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    29 days ago

I use Wallabag, nothing social special, but it works. It has an extension for Firefox

• whzfuxOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    29 days ago

I am running a cloudron server for me and my friends and thought linkwarden might be available for it but it dont. I gave xbrowsersync a try and thats exactly what I am looking for. I use it with FF Plugin now and it event auto tags the links. Thanks a lot!

• adr1an@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    29 days ago

There’s xbrowsersync which can be used with a self hosted service. I am currently hosting another one for myself, LinkDing. It has import from browsers via html, but no real sync. There’s an addon to add new bookmarks directly to it. Another addon, injector is whay made me switch. My search results may contain a previously bookmarked link, this is added and highlighted then.