I would like to buy new earbuds (for android), I’ve got 2 before a xiaomi one and the Donner dobuds one, the two broke after 6 months… Does someone has any recommandations? My budget is maximum $50 Thank you

• baru@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

My budget is maximum $50

There’s a Dutch weather man who reviews a crazy amount of earbuds as a hobby. They’re all Bluetooth ones though. I found that you get better quality for a similar price if you get a wired one.

Anyway, recommend that you check out https://www.scarbir.com/

He has lists per price range, but also recommendations per usage type. E.g. I bought ones that were less affected by wind noise (during a call).

• foremanguy@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

Thx so much, I will see this website! I know that wired one are better value. But for me wireless is obligatory, cannot go to the gym or do what I want without wireless

• Fisch
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        23 days ago

I have wireless earbuds because of their practicability too. I’d recommend you the ones I have (Soundcore Liberty 4 NC) but unfortunately they cost almost double your budget 😅

• foremanguy@lemmy.mlOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          23 days ago

I would prefer to spend only few bucks to get earbuds just because it’s a great thing for me but the 2 that I’ve got broke so I don’t want to waste $100 into this

• n2burns@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            23 days ago

To each their own, but I prefer wired earbuds run under my shirt, especially at the gym. Then if I need to take one out or they fall out, they’re tethered to me.

• foremanguy@lemmy.mlOP
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              23 days ago

So even when doing workout you need to have your phone with you, in your pockets?

• n2burns@lemmy.ca
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                23 days ago

In a pocket, an arm-band, or compression shorts, sure! I guess I don’t know where else it’d be.

• rtxn@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 days ago

Skullcandy has been a good experience. Cheap and durable. I’ve had two, a pair of Smokin’ Buds 2 (died from a broken cable, now discontinued), and a pair of Jib True (my current earbuds).

I bought the Jib True five years ago for about $40 and so far they’ve survived a dog, getting dropped in the toilet, and multiple drops onto a hard surface. I haven’t noticed any battery degradation. The audio quality is kinda mid (I used them in a factory at my previous job) and I can’t speak for the microphone, but they’ve served me well. My biggest issue has been some oxidation on the charging pins and contacts.

• PraiseTheSoup@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

On the other side of this coin, my Skullcandy Indy ANC earbuds have been such garbage that I have swore off all Skullcandy products forever. Even since they were new the case would show full charge and you’d open it up to find totally dead earbuds. If you left them dead for too long they would stop charging completely. At this point the only way to revive them is to strip some wires and “jump start” them with another battery. I’ve had to do this so many times I just keep the wires taped to a AA battery. I filed a warranty claim for this the first time and they denied me any sort of support, even though the Internet shows my case is not unique and actually very common.

Fuck Skullcandy.

• kirk781
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        22 days ago

Skullcandy customer support/warranty sucked for me as well. My left earbuds started keeping barely half the charge of the right ones within couple of months of purchasing them. I had only used both buds simultaneously, so it was weird to have more drain in one. However, the support folks just returned my product as-is saying nothing was wrong.

• foremanguy@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

I’ve looked a bit a them my choice for skullcandy would be the dime 3 but I think they are a bit mid everywhere… What’s your thought on them?

• BranBucket@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      23 days ago

Seconded.

I’ve got a pair of Skullcandy Mods. The sound quality is decent but not stellar, battery life is good, charge time is good and they feel pretty solidly made. Pretty good deal for $40 on Amazon.

I previously had some of their ANC overears that while not spectacular, were much better than I expected given the price point.

• southsamurai@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

Just audio, or miked?

I found some by klim that have been very durable so far. Something like five years and no issues. Well built, come with their own case. Wired buds. Sound can be a bit muddy for music, but not unbearable. In calls, they’re great.

Bluetooth wise, check out tozo. They do respectable buds on a budget. Not the best sound, but acceptable, and their mics pick up decently. Battery life is decent.

Back to wired, if you can find a sale, the tin t2 model is damn good sound for the price range. You usually have to be patient to get the 50 price point, or go used. But they really do sound great on a phone with a decent DAC. But that’s sound only, no mic.

• Sicklad@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

Do you want wired or wireless? If wireless check out the Moondrop space travel, if wired then Moondrop Aria, linsoul tin t2, there’s plenty of chifi options that’ll outperform any name brand stuff.

• foremanguy@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

Would like a wireless one, the space travel has good sound quality in my tought but I thought it lacks some features and not so good battery

• Encom@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

Are you after wireless or wired earbuds? And what kind of music do you generally listen to?

• Otter@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 days ago

See if you can find a friend who owns a particular model and is comfortable letting you try it on. How it fits is the most important thing IMO.

Samsung ones seem reliable, but one big downside is that the app (Galaxy Wearable), has a number of required permissions. The app does not function without them, even if you don’t need those features. I’m not sure what the workarounds are, and maybe you can make do without the app, but here is the list:

• Calendar
    • Call logs
    • Contacts
    • Nearby Devices
    • Phone
    • SMS

You can read more about the privacy aspect of the popular brands here:

https://foundation.mozilla.org/en/privacynotincluded/categories/headphones/

• Kokesh@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

I’m thinking about getting BaseUS Bowie earbuds. Seems like a lot of bang for the buck. At least on paper.

• cmgvd3lw
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    23 days ago

Jabra elite 3 or 4. They are solid IMO.

• Today@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

I read a review a while back and I think those were actually the highest rated ones. Costco used to have them, which is great because then you can return them for any reason.

• Arsonistic@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    21 days ago

Check out RTINGS.com, they’re the most data-driven testing site I know of. They have their own frequency response curves they test audio fidelity with.

• RubberDuck@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 days ago

I love my buds pro but they came with me phone. Id probable go for the monies if I have to replace them

• land@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 days ago

Beats fit pro are good but pricy. You can always buy second hand/refurbished from eBay.

• axo@feddit.de
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    23 days ago

Love my samsung buds 2. Got them for 45 on ebay I believe and even have some ANC

• Dremor@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

As Samsung bundle them with every flagship phones, there is a plethora of them on ebay for cheap. Most of them are basically new, and for that price is is quite the banger.

• TrickDacy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

Samsung is a very problematic company for several reasons but chiefly for me, I don’t want to place electronics inside my ears made by a company who has at several points made devices known for catching fire.