• dustyData@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 days ago

Aragorn wouldn’t mind how many trips it took you and would never question your masculinity, identity or worth as a person for it.

• Ashyr@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      25 days ago

I shop at Costco, not even Aragorn, son of Arathorn, could bring all that bulk deliciousness in at once.

• The Picard Maneuver@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      25 days ago

It’s weird, because that would be true for almost anything else, but for some reason Aragorn really cares about the groceries thing.

• Swedneck
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      24 days ago

aragorn would walk to the store daily and carry the items in his rucksack.

• Neato@ttrpg.network
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

Take as many trips as it takes. Those 3 minutes don’t matter. You’re just going to use them on Lemmy, anyways. Don’t strain yourself and don’t risk dropping anything. We’re all getting older and minor injuries take forever to heal now and if you throw your neck or shoulder out say goodbye to that stuff you wanted to get done this weekend.

• Corkyskog@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

My state banned bags, so if you forgot to bring your reusable, your SOL. And it’s a non issue with those huge reusable bags, no longer do you have a dozen plastic strapping with knife like force cutting into your fingers.

Although I would love to see someone carry a dozen of those cheap paper bags in one trip.

• protist@mander.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 days ago

Real men bring their own large tote bag and don’t have to worry about carting 15 tiny plastic bags

• root_beer@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        25 days ago

A REAL man uses MOLLE, large tactical rucksacks with PALS loops in place to attach any extra bags

Urban camo or black only, please, with flag patches affixed to every possible velcro surface

• loaExMachina@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          24 days ago

Fool, a man bothers not with bags, packages or any sort of vessel. For his hands have enough fingers to hold each fruit, each spaghetto and each grain of rice, and evey liquid from milk to bleach, without bottle, without mixing them and without a drop lost. If your hands cannot do that, they’re the hands of a woman.

• GissaMittJobb@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    24 days ago

While we’re on the toxic masculinity train - can you really call yourself a man if you brought the groceries home by car? I doubt it, tbh.

• The Snark Urge@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 days ago

My shopping trolley carries a literal trunk load of groceries. I walk it around town for two hours every week. Car-free is carefree, I don’t give a fuck how it looks.

• DAMunzy@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    25 days ago

With age comes wisdom. And muscle and hand pain. I’ll deal with the multiple trips instead of the pain.

• grrgyle@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    25 days ago

My partner is like this. She’ll load herself up with this ridiculous tower of bags, books, purses, and whatever else she needs to bring in the house.

I don’t get it. Just make two trips. Just make two comfortable, casual trips, where getting to the door before your arms give out isn’t a challenge.

• pyre@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    24 days ago

and people get offended when others point out how fragile their masculinity can be.