• Taco2112@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    22 days ago

Let me start by saying, I believe in human caused climate change, I believe it’s the biggest threat to the world at large currently.

I have to ask did any the doom and gloom people in this comment section read the article? Specifically the part where it says that it’s happens there every three to five years? I live in Colorado and have experienced snow in the mountains in summer. In fact Arapahoe Basin is still open to skiing for another two weeks this year. Sometimes it’s going to snow in the mountains in June.

I’m going to finish by stating once again that I believe that climate change is a threat that all of humanity faces on a daily basis, I just don’t know if “semi regular summer snow hits highland Scottish Mountains” is the apocalyptic omen that people here are saying it is. There’s plenty of those if you look around: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/antarcticas-doomsday-glacier-is-melting-even-faster-than-scientists-thought/

• pigup@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      22 days ago

Gulf stream is ultimately a product of the rotating earth -sun system. It will be there but might shift around. Would suck a fat one for GB and the like.