Moldy Monday continues.

• norimee@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    15 days ago

I guess, because its very hard for biological women to get abs like that. The muscles are just different. Not impossible, but way, way harder then for men and therefore quite rare.

And we all know, its very scary for bigots to even look at trans people. They might have to wash their eyes with soap now.

• SorryforSmelling@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      15 days ago

just wanna add that it is easier to get them with testosterone. i think it makes sense to make that distinction here since there are literal cis women body builder who take it as performance enhancing drugs.

• norimee@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        15 days ago

Interesting. I wasn’t sure if it gets harder for trans women, when they are on estrogen. Do they loose the abs?

• SorryforSmelling@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          15 days ago

depends on the order. if you build abs on testosterone (t) then go on estrogen (e) then you just can with relatively easily upkeep them. if you went on e before working out, its just as hard as for cis women. so hardcore cis women body builder go on t for a short time (some weeks) to get big muscles easier before retuning to e.

• garbagebagel@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            15 days ago

I’m gonna ask for t for totally cis reasons now. I’m definitely a body builder and absolutely not an 🥚.

• megopie@lemmy.blahaj.zone
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              15 days ago

So, it’s not exactly easily available for workout purposes, but, much like antibiotics, aquarium and fish farm suppliers are not bound by the normal laws of pharmaceuticals but are bound by food safety to make sure the stuff is pure and uncontaminated.

(source: I have family who work in fish farming)

• QualifiedKitten@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      15 days ago

I think it’s less that the muscles are different, and more about body fat percentage and maybe distribution. You could have the strongest core in the world, but if there’s a layer of fat on top of your abs, they won’t have this visible definition.

Also… Really rare to have boobs that big AND such low body fat, but all sorts of women get implants.

• DaGeek247@fedia.io
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      15 days ago

I thought it was just regular old sexism; woman getting stronk has the men with fragile egos feeling scared.

• hedgehog@ttrpg.network
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        15 days ago

I interpreted “biological” in this context to refer to women who’ve been impacted by the difference i hormones, i.e., a cis woman with average amounts of estrogen / testosterone would qualify, as would a trans woman who has been on estrogen for a couple years. Sort of a “people for whom the following statement is relevant” kind of an adjective.

• GarfGirl [she/her]@lemmy.blahaj.zoneM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 days ago

In future I’d advise using the term cis woman instead of biological woman because biological woman has a history of being used as a transphobic term by TERFs to delegitimise trans people, especially in the UK.

• norimee@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        14 days ago

Yeah, I wasn’t sure about how to differentiate it. English is not my natural language.

I disagree about using “cis” in this context though. I wasn’t sure how much of the effects are hormonal and if it is the same for trans men. And its also true for non binary and genderfluid persons. So cis seemed to exclude many.

I got curious and looked into it and there were some helpful comments too. It turns out it’s mostly about the estrogen. So this means cis women, xx-chomosome non binary and gender fluid people (as long as they are not substituting hormons), trans women on estrogen and trans men who do not substitute testosterone.

So that would mean instead of “biological women” it would be “hormonal female” I guess, or what is the correct for that?