I’m a very bad cook, so trying to find some inspiration

• Monkyhands@feddit.dk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I am also a terrible cook - but my husband is cooking up a Thai red curry with pork. Super fragrant with galangal, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and coconut, lots of chili of course. I’m looking forward to it.

• Alenalda@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I’m making a BLT pizza when I get off work today.

My recipe, 1lb whatever bacon, frozen pizza crust, 1cup mozzarella cheese, 1 head romaine lettuce, 1 large tomato, 0.5 cup mayo (not fucking miracle whip gross). Fry up the bacon and crumble. Thaw pizza crust stretch to desired size. Top with mozzarella and crumbled bacon. Bake crust according to instructions. Top with mayo and sliced lettuce and tomato. Ezpz

• Alenalda@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

You aren’t cooking the mayo and lettuce, just the cust like you might the bread for a BLT sandwich. It’s basically just a large open face blt with mozzarella.

• Metriximor@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Bro hear me out, try to make some ratatouille. It’s fancy af, cheap and easy to make. It’s literally just baked sliced veggies

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I actually had some the other day, it’s quite nice indeed

• OceanEyes@lemmyf.uk
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

we meal planned two weeks in advance and it’s been real nice to have to rely on. Switched up a couple days but easy delicious recipes in the plan help me stay with it even after a long day at work.

• Jummit@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Pretty lazy, just some pasta with tomato sauce. But I have some cheese that needs to be eaten and it goes well with it.

• Notyou@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

I’m late so yesterday, we did a cook out with some family. Grilled up burgers/dogs, fries, and veggies. Brussel sprouts, mushrooms, peppers/onions/tomatoes.

The brussel sprouts were enjoyed by all (well most).

Oh I forgot bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. Super good without breading.

• cizra@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

The harvest finally started trickling in, so we had homegrown boiled potatoes, homegrown half-squash “boats” filled with homegrown tomatoes and definitely-not-homegrown parmesan. Homegrown tomato and cucumber salad too.

Which reminds me than I should launch a new batch of sourdough if I want homebaked wholemeal sourdough rye “black” bread (in fact it’s grayish brown). There’s nothing tastier than fresh rye bread.

• ccryx
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Tonight I’ll make bell peppers, fried tofu and noodles with soy sauce, sesame oil and salted roasted peanuts. Measurements for two people and two days:

• 6 bell peppers
    • 3 onions
    • 400g / two blocks of firm (I think?) tofu
    • 400g of spaghetti (because it’s easier to get them gluten free here, you could use ramen noodles or whatever)
    • sesame oil, soy sauce, peanuts (store bought, but I guess you could roast your own) to taste
    • some oil for frying

I’ll prepare the peppers for two days and the tofu and noodles for each day.

Instructions:

• fry onions (diced) and bell peppers (sliced into strips)
    • cut tofu into slices and fry from each side, generously salt them while in the pan, from each side
    • cook noodles in salted water
    • mix noodles, peppers, soy sauce, sesame oil and peanuts (or sesame seeds) on plate
    • place tofu on top
    • BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Sounds great, thanks for sharing!

• Monkeytennis@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I’m frying a burger patty, and then some diced potato which I’ll heavily spice with paprika, chillies, cumin, etc, and fry once the patty is done. Bit random, but I’m tired and want some flavour.

• BlazeOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Ended up doing couscous, thank you all for your suggestions!