Hey look its that goyper meme from the latest chapo ep. Pentagon made indeed.

• Ram_The_Manparts [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 days ago

Sure is funny how “vote blue no matter who” so quickly turned into “it has to be Biden, there is no alternative, and if you disagree you’re clearly the kind of person that murders kittens for fun”

• axont [she/her, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 days ago

Trump is a psychopathic cult leader running a campaign of lies, defamation, and retribution. He aspires to be the US’s first authoritarian leader, and wants to turn the nation into a nuclear armed Switzerland.

This is one of the funniest liberal panics I’ve ever read. Usually they’d compare Trump to Mussolini or Putin or whatever, not Switzerland lmao. Authoritarian Trump is going to force the economy to focus on chocolate and cuckoo clocks. He’s going to nuke America’s greatest and oldest enemy, Austria.

• MolotovHalfEmpty [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

data-laughing Switzerland! The horror!

Especially since if they actually gave a shit about fighting Putin or whatever and actually read the news they’d no that Switzerland has begun braking its famed ‘neutrality’ when it comes to Russia, to great internal criticism.

• FortifiedAttack [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

He aspires to be the US’s first authoritarian leader, and wants to turn the nation into a nuclear armed Switzerland.

Switzerland, well known for its authoritarian dictatorships data-laughing data-laughing data-laughing

Real talk: It would be a net benefit to the rest of the planet if the USA became a reclusive, isolationist nation.

• notceps [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

First we’d never nuke austria we’d nuke germany so get that one straight, second cuckoo clocks are german.

It’s pretty funny but I’m not surprised switzerland is basically a signifier especially now after being drip fed ‘switzerland bad’ because they have a slightly less aggressive stance on russia, switzerland bad because doesn’t recognize Hamas as a terrorist org and so on and so on.

Also I guess they had to break out the one ‘white country’ so it doesn’t come off as racist, like I’m pretty sure the person wrote banana republic or third world country first but wisely used switzerland here.

• MolotovHalfEmpty [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 days ago

Some highlights:

I didn’t watch debate but have been enjoying tankie and pundit hyperventilating that alot of us grassroots dem supporters don’t give a shit about the debate and realized Biden was old before it even happened.

What? Tankies are suddenly panicking like the media about Biden’s age? We’ve been saying it plainly since before 2020. We’ve said he was an increasingly senile piece of shit racist and rapist since before he was Obama’s VP. These people live in a world of their own imaginations.

People refusing to participate or vote for the candidate who is unfortunately our best option currently (biden) are doing more damage than the people voting for the fascist party

Those maniacs finally did it! Not voting for Biden is officially now worse than voting for Trump. How? Nobody knows, but it is. The centrist position is now to vote for Trump.

Do I want Joe? Hell no, but I’ll vote D for the rest of my days and walk through glass to do it. Once there’s no more Rs then we can argue between Joe Biden and AOC.

Most normal pragmatist. I will happily defenistrate myself in pursuit of a utopia where any and all of my political opposition has been wiped from the Earth!

+1 TO BIDEN POPULAR VOTES = +1 TO TRUMP TEARS 💦 Share if you believe! 🙏 an argument against someone saying that they were voting for Biden but it probably didn’t matter because they were in a locked Blue state.

People that are happy to run people over in tanks to force their communist version of society on everyone else.

The definition of tankie given.

Odd. I’m getting called a tankie because I just won’t vote for Biden (or Trump). Someone must have gotten confused.

The rare good reply.

I am trans and not voting for Biden. I refuse to sacrifice Palestinians for my own safety or the safety of my loved ones. All the stuff people say now about them being an acceptable sacrifice or there being nothing they can do about it, that’s what they’ll be saying about us tomorrow. Solidarity between marginalized groups is the only viable strategy for long term survival. I hate being used as a rhetorical token to make people feel better about selling out another vulnerable group.

Another good reply. Worth mentioning though because it comes after a while load of not trans people using trans people as a reason you have to ride or die with with Biden.

The same thread then downloads the actually trans and thoughtful person into the negative post scores and start calling them a ‘fucking child’ and saying they might as well be ‘goose stepping along with the Nazis’ for dozens of comments. Such allies!

What vulnerable people are dems going after?

The poor is the most clear. Also black people, just look at our prisons, and the crime bill Joe Biden wrote

Show me. Tell me how the party of Obama and Harris are going after them.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2021-10-13/report-highlights-staggering-racial-disparities-in-us-incarceration-rates

That’s just prison stats. Nothing about what democrats are doing to make it worse

You should research cop cities. Atlanta democrats voted to fund theirs.

Proof?

Here’s the press release from Atlanta and if you want to read an article about it, here’s one from Time

Okay, but notice how many democrats oppose it? Every single republican is in support of those cities

Yes, yes. we all know republicans are worse. But democrats could’ve entirely prevented this, which they didn’t. They enabled it. Being better than republicans doesn’t mean the situation is better with democrats. In fact, it’s getting so much worse every single year.

I agree. But it’s the situation we are in.

Oh well, better just not do anything then except vote Dem. Fuck those people I guess.

Yes, yes, we all know what happens when you scratch a liberal but it’s better than not having to scratch to find it. Even if all that’s holding the powers that be back is a skin-deep veneer of civility and deniability a vote to strip that veneer away makes you a fool, not a revolutionary.

This might be the weirdest ‘leftist’ take in the whole thread. Fascists doing fascism camouflaged and unopposed is better than fascists being identified as fascists and opposed. jesse-wtf

Quite frankly, go outside and have someone slap you in the face and wake you the fuck up. It’s not remotely close. Biden still has an actual solid policy agenda, Trump is a senile and decrepit badger, shitting himself and scratching at everything he sees.

Ah yes, Trump is uniquely old and senile, which is disqualifying. This is in response to someone expressing concern about Biden’s ability.

It’s funny how the standard by which we judge Biden is so high, and the standard for Trump is so low. Like… “oh wow, orange man form complete sentence, he’s really killin it” vs “omg Biden stumbled over his words and had one bad night, his candidacy is over”.

In response to someone saying they’re voting for Biden but the debate was terrible and his age is clearly a problem. Absolute delusion and denial.

You have completely bought into the long GOP build up of a fundamental lie. Congrats I guess.

Another one in response to someone saying he had more than a bad night and Biden’s age looks like an issue. You’ve been brainwashed by GOP propaganda!

it’s only really the low-information undecided voters who will be swayed by a bad debate performance. Happily, we still have 5 months until the election, and I doubt that many people will be thinking about this by the time they get to the ballot box.

‘Low information voters’ here meaning people with eyes. Besides, I’m sure Biden will only improve over months of a busy campaign trail! After all, the best medicine for dementia is time!

I am starting to think tankies part of another troll from. No way these idiots can be for real.

Some of them are useful idiots, some are shills using LLMs to push agendas

Ooh, we’ve been upgraded from Russian trolls to Russian troll AI! Again, tankie in this case means people who criticise the idea of voting for Biden.

• GrouchyGrouse [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 days ago

Being ride or die for Biden is the weirdest thing. He’s not Trump, that’s all he needs to be. Its not impressive. If a person decided to hang out with me instead of hanging out with a sleeping bag of full of ticks I wouldn’t be like “hell yeah I’m a cool dude” biden-troll

• Weedian [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 days ago

im ride or die brandon, either he dies or I ride his ass and wont stop calling him out for being a piece of shit genocider

• nohaybanda [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

If the default outcome of your “democracy” is fascism and each election you gotta fight tooth and nail to to negotiate it down to half a fascism (it’s really 99% but the vibes are different) then the system ain’t shit and needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

• Flaps [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 days ago

If not voting for biden is a vote for Trump then not voting for Trump is a vote for biden. So by not voting youre actually voting twice and are comitting voter fraud 🤔

• InevitableSwing [none/use name]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 days ago

Somebody should share the Wikipedia link and quote with them. Just to remind them that they are in effect saying “I’d vote for Biden even if he was a Nazi,” which even for libs is quite a take.

Groypers

Groypers, sometimes called the Groyper Army, are a group of alt-right, white nationalist, and neo-Nazi activists, provocateurs, and internet trolls.

-–

I can’t post there because I don’t have an account.

• cosecantphi [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 days ago

federal judge appointments alone are worth far more.

The supreme court will be a rotting. decrepit institution brutalizing working class people for decades to come, Biden and the Democratic party steadfastly refuse to stack the court and thereby offset justices put in place by Trump. They legitimize his legacy at every single turn and still expect us to believe they oppose anything about Trump but his aesthetic. Day by day the Democratic party inches ever closer to being the Republican party from a couple years ago, yet it still has the gall to say at least they aren’t the Republicans.