Pride’s over everyone! It’s now illegal to be gay again.

• ashinadash [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

niko-wonderous

I had noticed that brushing fluffs the curls out, I didn’t know you could do anything about it! A broad comb… I do have a decent moisturising conditioner already, what sorta oil should I be massaging in??

I do already avoid hairdrying usually, I always towelwrap and wait. (This process takes like two hours bocchi-cry ) I do need a good hairdresser, but I’m pretty broke lol. “Curly spirally” hairties means scrunchies, right?

I never considered asking hairdressers stuff, that’s so rad.

• good_girl [she/her, they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

I can’t stress enough how much a wide toothed comb helped with keeping frizz somewhat manageable as another curly girly.

Checkout the curlyhair comm on reddit, they usually have good recs.

As for oil, as someone with high porosity 2B-2C sometimes 3A hair (leans closer to wavy), I had decent success with Jojoba oil as it’s very light and has similar properties to sebum. I also really like using Tsubaki Oil and though I’m not entirely sure it’s doing anything for my frizz, it leaves my hair incredibly soft.

Also i find tying my hair up in a bun overnight keeps it more manageable in the morning.

• ashinadash [she/her]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

Duly noted! I am gonna make changes to my haircare goin forward. I have long been tying my hair up overnight cuz it tangles sooooo badly if I don’t…

• DerEwigeAtheist [she/her, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 months ago

Honestly, it’s most important that the oil is good quality and gets absorbed by the hair, instead of just leaving it oily. I think most hair oils that are not the cheapest available ones are probably fine, you could do some research online for your local market.

I have these gummi spiral/helix hairties. I guess it distributes the force better.

Hairdresser is also a once every six months affair for me. To like cut the tips and stuff.