• Codex@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

Possessed by the ghosts of the night’s watch. sounds like someone should excorcise more often.

• RamblingPanda@lemmynsfw.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I wonder if this is going to be ghost fucker Beverly’s lamp in a few hundred years.

Her grandmother dies in the 2360s, and the lamp has been fucking the family for 800 years by then. Maybe her boyfriend’s name is Crusher? We need more Data.

• BananaTrifleViolin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Is this just the most passive aggressive way to break up with you girlfriend? Trying to get her to say “It’s not you, it’s the lantern” and leave, knowing when it’s all over he still gets to keep the beautiful lantern.

• Drivebyhaiku@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

I think we should probably go file a statement with the Magnus Institute. Not that they’ll do anything to stop the horrors unfolding mind, it’s obviously too late for that, but recording these things for our amus… Posterity is a good idea.

• weker01@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

It’s probably not real but I have seen people with psychosis that behave similarly. It sounds funny but for the relatives it can be really stressful and sometimes horrifying. Not because the patient is violent (although that can happen too of course) but strange behaviors and beliefs that can’t be changed or challenged.

Although I’ve also seen a few people deal with it through humor

• Apytele@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Nursing school gives you a lamp on graduation (referencing Florence Nightengale) but they’re always complete trash. I want one of these to use for sensory therapy.

Ideally I’d even want one of those ones with the fake water vapor flame that I could put scented oils in and change the color of in to help people relax and settle in watching the flickering and vibing to the music while I do the unpleasant parts, but they don’t make 'em like that and I don’t have the fabrication skill. Like this but with a Bluetooth speaker and shaped like a lantern with like a handle and stuff to hang it by. Honestly hanging off an IV pole with a slight swing back and forth would be pretty mesmerizing to someone a little out of it and maybe keep them from swinging on me while I’m doing wound care.

Instead they give you these things that look like Alladin’s lamp with a little LED flame, except sometimes they go a step even farther into absurdity and throw a wholeass fake LED candle on top. They always just look bizarre and are completely useless.

• Dharma Curious@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

My sister in law’s graduation ceremony ended with the lamp thing… Except they just straight up gave them dollar store tapered candles. No lamps. Just a white candle. Didn’t even give em the candle holder with the little handle.