Manual laborers should unionize and start demanding 80K per year with benefits

Archive

• TheWonderfool@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I agree with your opinion that all this companies are illegally abusing the content freely available on the internet to train this models.

What annoyed me in the article, is that they are talking about “what jobs AI will steal” and immediately gave it abilities that it does not currently have (and I’ve seen it a lot of this on fear mongering type of articles). It reminded me on all the articles “truck drivers will be out of job in 3 months”.

It does not find content on the Internet (Gemini, copilot, … Is trying to give it that functionality, with hilarious results). It does not act in any way.

If you want to put it in simple terms, the current AI is a tool that reads a lot of content, and when you ask it something it gives you an answer trying to recall something and forming a coherent answer (hence all the hallucinations). It is extremely good at forming coherent answers, quite bad at giving correct answers and absolutely incapable of haveing other types of functionality (though they are trying hard to create new multi-agent tools that on paper are capable of independently searching for information, or using other tools to get the answer it needs, but it still fails a lot of times).

• Tartas1995
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I have no issue with what you said. I am just not sure if you are misunderstanding what they mean with “find on the internet” or if I do. But that is pointless to argue about.