Leopards eat popcorn.

• just_another_person@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Crazy, because aside from her skin color, she’s definitely on board for all the fucked up things the right-wing is aiming to do. Racists, once again, are just dumb as hell.

• worldwidewave@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

If racists weren’t dumb as hell, they wouldn’t be racist.

Nothing’s dumber than hating people for something they didn’t choose and were born with (gender identity, sexuality, skin color…etc.)

• AggressivelyPassive@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Counting on other people’s hate for your own gain, isn’t that stupid unfortunately.

Or at least it can be quite profitable. See all the grifters in the space.

• ImpressiveEssay@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

You just mixed up what they were referring to, the voting American public that has definitely shown many many signs of severe lack of education… And you are talking about the scam artists abusing that thickness.

Two different groups for people. But ye are totally in agreement.

• TexasDrunk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I saw someone comment that they need to get those people under control because Indians were compatible with the American lifestyle. I wasn’t sure exactly what they meant but it did leave me wondering if the thought was “They know their place”.

• Jo Miran@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

I think it might mean the caste system where certain people are kept at a certain level. The haves always have, and the have nots serve them.

If that’s what they meant, then the irony is delicious.

• enkers@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Maybe they’re saying all the Modi supporters are compatible with right-wing grift culture? I imagine they approve of Modi being all buddy-buddy with Putin, that’s for sure.

• thedirtyknapkin@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 months ago

yeah, i think it’s honestly lately because Trump likes modi.

if this weren’t far right dumbasses i might think they were referring to the hyper patriarchal society and 50 years behind gender views that are common in that country, but i don’t think they actually know anything about India. if they did, they’d probably be all about the arranged marriages and legal martial rape.

• snooggums@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

…it did leave me wondering if the thought was “They know their place”.

Looks like you figured it out to me.

• TimeSquirrel@kbin.melroy.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I’m sorry, I feel bad for it all, and her having to deal with that, I really do, but at the same time it’s funny as shit. What did she think was going to happen when she associated herself with these people?

• OneStepAhead@lemmynsfw.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I have ZERO sympathy. She CHOSE this and is continuing to stay. She’s probably a Trump heart attack away from being the First Lady and doesn’t exactly have to wonder where her next meal is coming from.

• dragontamer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

This is the shit that made regular ol Republicans stop running for top of the Republican ticket.

We could have had John Huntsman in 2016. But the racist wing of the party has taken over today.

But now we only have the most arrogant and power hungry fucks try to lead and put up with this shit.

• barsquid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

It’s already appalling to actively seek out and cater to the racist voters to win the southern states, but Repubs also ran propaganda for decades to deliberately increase racism so that the strategy would be more effective. The far-right radical racists have taken over because the party deliberately made them the foundation of their voting base.

• dragontamer@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

He also ran 2016 but too many Republicans were making fun of his Chinese adopted kids.

Huntsman then dropped out, reading the audience of modern Republicans.

• JeeBaiChow@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

This is tragic. And funny. Nah, not funny. Yeah, it is. But also tragic. But funny also. Nah. Yeah.

• Frozengyro@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

It’s 100% expected behavior from the right. Things are wrong and immoral until they happen to you personally. They don’t like minorities, but Vance doesn’t have a problem with his wife being a minority. Just like abortion is wrong until your child gets pregnant…

• Rapidcreek@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I know it is not funny, but I had to llaugh.

How can they ask racists to vote for them and not expect racists to be racists?

• Mediocre_Bard@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Okay, so this is a joke post. It is not sincere. It is sarcasm.

This is sarcasm.

Okay, get this shit. Imagine convincing the alt-right to vote for Biden with the following (horrible and presented here only for amusement) argument:

"You can’t vote for Trump/Vance because Vance married an immigrant and is attempting to replace the proud tradition of a white first family (I know, I know, but it’s a joke, please chill).

“You have to vote for Biden/Harris because Harris at least married a white man (again, this is a silly and racist thing to argue).”

I feel like that may work since people who are alt-right racist garbage typically cannot think their way out of a white paper bag.

• madcaesar@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

All joking aside, you’d convince a non zero number of those morons with that argument. Actually if you spewed that shit from a pulpit you’d become a leader in the maga sphere and probably pull in some $ of those idiots.

• pubquiz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Back up, isn’t the Furher married to an immigrant who used chain migration to nationalize her parents? She/they get a pass… and are white. So this really is racism in action. Good luck, folks. And to you racists, die.

• gravitas_deficiency@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

In the context of interactions with the rest of society, fascists need to be discriminated against on the sole basis that they’re fascists.

But if the fascists are going to discriminate against other fascists based on race or whatever, I’m not gonna stop them. By all means, tear yourselves apart.

• MagicShel@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

When you’re so worried about how miscegenated other white people are that you have to keep it in the family to be sure.

• Audacious@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I wonder how long non-white, non-christian, non-striaght people will realize that they are in the hate group lead by trump, a person that has Hitler like attributes.