• Microw@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I dont think you’ll find many examples for drivers being fired over ignoring team orders.

Ferrari under Enzo sr was like that though iirc

• Rapidcreek@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

That would be hard to know, wouldn’t it? But, I think you could make that case for Ocon this year. One team order has got to be “don’t run into each other”

• nerdschleife@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I want stroll out of f1 as much as the next guy, but that looks like a really late reminder to lose 4 seconds?

• highduc@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Interesting. Didn’t see this mentioned anywhere before. Was wondering how come Stroll finished ahead of Alonso. Still don’t know what led to this though :)

• Sentau
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Stroll caught up to Alonso with fresher tyres and Aston let him go to try and catch yuki. He caught yuki on the lap but couldn’t pass him. Should have switched on the last corner but didn’t. From what little team radio I heard, Aston too left it until too late to get him to swap by. Still pretty childish by Stroll for one point.

• Coelacanth@feddit.nu
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

This is a bit of a nothingburger imo. Stroll had fresher tyres so AMR asked Alonso to let him pass to see if he could catch Yuki. He couldn’t, but he was only like 0.6 seconds behind him on the final lap. It’s a bit weird if anything to even call for the swap back, seeing as it was so late.