J.D. Vance has joined the chorus of conservatives who have begun claiming that President Joe Biden’s decision to withdraw from the 2024 presidential race constitutes a so-called “coup” in the Democratic Party.

In an interview filmed on Saturday with Fox News’s Jesse Watters, a clip of which aired on Fox & Friends Monday morning, Watters asked former President Donald Trump and his newly minted running mate, Vance, the new question plaguing Republicans: “Is it a coup against Joe Biden?” Both of them fumbled their answers.

“Uh, sort of,” Trump said unsure, looking over to Vance for explanation.

• MeekerThanBeaker@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I wonder if tRump chose Vance because it kinda sounds like Pence. Easier to remember.

Or maybe he doesn’t want a VP candidate with a name that has more letters than he has.

• Tolookah
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Maybe he’ll call him pants at some point.

• partial_accumen@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I wonder if tRump chose Vance because it kinda sounds like Pence. Easier to remember.

I was joking just a few days ago that all those folks still flying “Trump - Pence” signs from 2020 or the really faded ones from 2016 just need to change the “PE” to “VA” and they’re good for another 4 years of sun bleaching.

• 242@lemmy.cafe
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I think he chose both of them because their names have 5 letters and the simple symmetry of them matching his name in length is soothing for a moron like Trump.

• Chocrates@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Vance is not even 40 I think so he won’t be in line of succession of Trump is incapacitated. Such a strange pick

Edit: it is 35 to be eligible for president not 45, so ignore the above