A frustrated Trump has posted more than 10 times since Biden’s announcement.

• expatriado@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

he is asking for a reimbursement for the money spent on fighting Biden. lol, i don’t think that’s how campaign funding works

• oxjox@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Trump unveiled the realities of the wasted money and resources the Trump team now has to deal with. “Now we have to start all over again. Shouldn’t the Republican Party be reimbursed for fraud in that everybody around Joe”

Can we all please take a moment to seriously reflect on this?

Irrespective of party, campaigning should not primarily be about attacking your rival. It should be about what you intend to do and what you have done to benefit your constituents. Your policies and successful legislation should be what you spend your money on promoting. It should be about the vision you have for this country outside the context of who comes before or after you in office.

This is, in part, why so many people are resentful of elections - they’re 100% full of negativity. Give us some hope. Give us some tangible examples of what’s been accomplished. Keep the name of your opposition out of your speeches. Reflect on existing policy you want to change, why you feel it needs to change, and how you intend on changing it. Give us some vision of the future for us to unite around and get excited for.

• Lost_My_Mind@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

Ok, you and me. We’re going to start our own country. One where political competition doesn’t hate and belittle the other. One where the loser of the election graciously bows out knowing their country will be stronger for it.

I’m running my campaign on the development of medical research, and the fighting of AI influence.

Also bacon. Just…just bacon.

• xionzui@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

The problem is it’s effective. Unless you design a system where the most effective strategy for winning a position isn’t making people afraid of the alternative, it’s just going to come back

• mycodesucks@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

It didn’t used to be this way… I still remember when John McCain shut down a woman spouting lies about Obama, and defended him as a good man. This obstructionism and negativity originated in Congress. It’s easy to point fingers at presidential negativity, because Trump is leading the charge now, but it was Newt Gingrich, Mitch McConnell and Co that opened the door for him.

• IHawkMike@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Also bacon. Just…just bacon.

Can we have dogs too, as long as I promise they won’t eat all the bacon?

• jaybone@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

And maybe this will be adopted as a new strategy to combat these long drawn out campaigns and negative ads. Change the presumptive candidate at the last moment possible.

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I didn’t want Joe to drop out. But I always saw this as the one big benefit to such a late change - until the GOP/Russian trolls get their talking points straight, regular people once again own social media discussions. And we are absolutely making use of it.

• BigMacHole@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Your such a LIBTARD! Why would I care about POLICIES that could HELP ME live a better and more fulfilling life with the ability to leave my kids a chonky inheritance when I die when TRANS PEOPLE STILL EXIST?

• DaddleDew@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Trump: “LOL you’re too old for the job!”

Biden: “OK, I leave.”

Trump: “No wait! How am I supposed to win now?”

• Rapidcreek@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

The GOP claimed it had prepped poll-tested attacks ads on Harris, and had an extensive oppo research file on her. They claimed it was all teed up and ready to go.

A complete lie. They’re winging it.

• cabron_offsets@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

I hope he survives his aneurysm to enjoy his time in a supermax after a black woman grabs him by the pussy.

• NegativeInf@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Is he mad that the race has now been reframed as Former Prosecutor and Current Vice President Kamala Harris vs 34 Time Convicted Felon Donald Trump? Aww. Poor baby. I hope his fucking muppet grin from the debate has been fully wiped off now.

He sure is fragile for a strong man. But I guess that’s how it goes. Doth protest too much and all that.

• CharlesDarwin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Good. I bet he’s also so GRR MAD that it is not himself at the center of attention - other than people saying how old he is and calling him Dementia Donnie, and saying he should probably bow out because he’s obviously been pooping into diapers for a decade or so, etc…

• Cyrus Draegur@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

GOOD GODS ABOVE AND BELOW I FUCKING LOVE WATCHING THESE CHUD FASCIST SIMP SCUM SQUIRM 💜

it is
    H E A L I N G
    me

• Optional@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Yeah yeah yeah - he’s becoming increasingly isolated or whatever, thank you corporate news. No doubt you’ve really nailed the essence of the man in your penetrating analysis of . . . Trump’s social media. Everything’s just about to go SprOinG!, right?

Didn’t even have to get up for that one, huh. Yeah the trump beat is easy street when you’re a corporate news bot.